Monday, March 2, 2015

Struggle?

Do you struggle?

That is quite a question, isn't it? That question can open up an entire spectrum of answers. The first part of that answer is probably Yes, I struggle but the second part varies by person. Everyone struggles with something. 

Now for a little confession . . . I struggle. There, I said it. It is true, I struggle and most of the time it is daily. The causes from day to day may change, but there are real struggles every day.

Turning 50 has its ups and downs, mostly ups for me. The down . . . the dreaded Menopause. I have to tell you, it can be a very hard struggle to keep things chill when you are in the midst of the "pause". Frustration, irritability, shortness with others . . . it can be horrible and nasty! 

For those times I am feeling especially irritable, it is time for me to get alone for a while and take a few minutes to myself.

Another cause of the "struggle" is not enough sleep, of which I am guilty. There are nights, regardless of the oil I use, or the go to sleep techniques I try, I simply cannot go to sleep. Last night was one of those nights. I didn't find sleep until after 4 a.m. 

I truly believe I am also suffering from cabin fever. I am totally ready for the snow to go away and the green to make its appearance. It has certainly been a long, long winter.

A little encouragement for today:







1 comment:

ParkerMama said...

I am so sorry you are experiencing these struggles. But I'm glad you are brave enough to share them. Sharing allows others to recognize that they are not alone, and hopefully helps you release a bit of stress as well.

Yup. I think we all struggle. I think we go through periods where everything feels like a struggle.

Menopause stinks. I feel you on this one. So do the winter blues. We've had an almost Spring like winter, but I know you have had a really bad winter.

Spring is coming!

Hang in there, Jules. Remember how loved you are by so many people.

xoxo

Copyright Text

Our Lives Uncripted is written by me. All pictures are personal and cannot be copied. No portion of this blog can be copied and/or sold. All content copyright JCP, Ourlives-unscripted.blogspot.com All Rights Reserved!



stat counter