Wednesday, December 24, 2014

Striving for a PERFECT Christmas

I, like many other moms and dads strive to make Christmas "Perfect", but I have come to the realization perfection is not reality.

We were extremely excited to begin Christmas Vacation. We had a mini party for our little Home-School and then headed home to begin the vacation festivities. 

Our list of "To Do" was a bit large, but I assured myself that all would be well as "many hands make light work". However, the boys decided they really didn't agree with my mom thinking. Instead, they have busied themselves with . . .

  1. Fussing, fighting, arguing, challenging, tattling and irritating one another . . . just because they can.
  2. Everyone working together, instead try to do the chore half way, besides no one will notice.
  3. Destroy their bedrooms, "I was playing with that" is the answer to the mess. Hmmmmm
  4. Laundry time finds us asking one of my boys WHY there is only ONE pair of undies in the laundry to be washed. 
  5. Bath time is another challenge lately . . . You mean I have to actually get into the water and use SOAP?!
  6. Of course we also have the candy "swiper". You know the one  . . . candy wrappers are found EVERYWHERE, but no one knows anything about it.
The list could go on and on . . . even though I prefer it not.

Today in the midst of the chaos,  I called each of them to the main floor and had them sit at the table. I handed EJ the book by Ann Voskamp . . .




and we began reading. The room became silent and the boys were listening, soaking it all in.




We are reading and lighting candles for Advent. We are a bit behind in the reading, but will have it all done by Christmas morning. Can I say, it was wonderful to take a few minutes away from all of the above to focus on the meaning of Christmas with my kids.

Tomorrow our Christmas celebrations begin. Will they be perfect, Absolutely not! Will they be memorable, Definitely! The messes will continue, hopefully the fussing will stop. The house will be full of chaos and memories will be made. 

I pray we will all stop and reflect,  

A "Perfect" Christmas will not happen in my house or yours, But
there once was a "Perfect" Christmas many years ago . . . 





No comments:

Copyright Text

Our Lives Uncripted is written by me. All pictures are personal and cannot be copied. No portion of this blog can be copied and/or sold. All content copyright JCP, Ourlives-unscripted.blogspot.com All Rights Reserved!



stat counter