Tuesday, September 16, 2014

Goal ~ Christmas is Coming

Can you believe it is September 16? Half of the month is over, which means I need to start planning our Christmas spending. Each year I try to balance out our spending for gift giving. 

How do I do that you ask?

Well, I find it is much easier to stay within budget if I plan ahead and ONLY spend what I gain from selling items from our home we no longer use. I find it a challenge and WHO doesn't love a challenge?

I love to be able to "clear out" storage areas and bring in a little cash in the process. The boys love to help too, which is a HUGE plus!

My goal this week - gather 10 - 20 items to sell that we have not used in the past year. Post them on either Facebook Selling Sites, Craigslist, or Ebay.

What do you do to prepare for Christmas expense?


2 comments:

Jana Davila said...

Last year we started the 4 gift idea for the kids... something they want, something they need, something they can read and something they can wear. Saves money big time! :)

Jeanette said...

Like that idea Jana!

Copyright Text

Our Lives Uncripted is written by me. All pictures are personal and cannot be copied. No portion of this blog can be copied and/or sold. All content copyright JCP, Ourlives-unscripted.blogspot.com All Rights Reserved!



stat counter