Friday, July 25, 2014

Day 2 of School and a Visit to the Park

The day has come to an end and it is now tomorrow. The house is dark and quiet . . . well, except for Emma who is snoring away next to me as she sleeps on a doggie pillow. 

We had a pretty good day . . . Day 2 of the 2014-2015 school year. I must say, it went infinitely better than our first day. The boys started right up on their Math lessons and worked from there. Everyone finished by 1:40 p.m. which was about an hour and a half earlier than Day 1.

Ryan gave all he had today to his studies. In fact, he is enjoying his Logic class a bit more now. Math is not one of his favorites, but he is trying to accept that it will be a MUST in his life . . .
although he isn't quite sure he will EVER use it!
The first day, Ryan actually asked me,
"When in life will I use Logic?"
I kept my answer simple and let him know that he actually uses it already in his daily life . . . especially when arguing with his brothers! I also explained that it does help when trying to make decisions in life. To my shock, he accepted it and was fine with it.

Cody finished up in good time today . . .
he even asked Katelyn if he could read aloud to her.
He aced his comprehension checkup . . .
and he was THRILLED.

Cameron finished up second and had a little free time to build a few things. I love building toys!

EJ finished up next, but was a bit too busy to stand or sit still long enough for me to snap a photo.

Ryan read his Logic class to me . . . he thinks the class goes better if Mom is involved in his class. He was calm and in a much better mood today! Praise the Lord!

Katelyn read more of Ryan's Literature . . . she loves to read!
She also helped me with questions and checking papers.

After school today, we headed to the park . . .
the boys headed straight for the monkey bars!





EJ is quite strong and literally pulls into chin-ups.
Cameron, Cody and Ryan try hard, but EJ has them beat.
Cameron tried and tried, but only ended up with blisters on his hands.
I clean his broken blisters, put a little Watkins salve on the wounds and then wrapped his hands. He looked like he was ready to head out to the boxing ring! Before his bath, he removed the bandage and commented that his hands felt a lot better. Then the boys all had a discussion on the "why" hands get blisters.

All in all, we had a pretty good day.
School structure helps them thrive and keeps their minds busy . . .
too busy to fuss with one another.

No comments:

Copyright Text

Our Lives Uncripted is written by me. All pictures are personal and cannot be copied. No portion of this blog can be copied and/or sold. All content copyright JCP, Ourlives-unscripted.blogspot.com All Rights Reserved!



stat counter