Thursday, July 24, 2014

Day 1 School and We Survived

Wednesday was our first official day of the 2014-2015 school year. I was a little intimidated as I had chosen a NEW curriculum for the boys this year . . . something they weren't quite used to.

Our day began with a little excitement . . . new books, tablets, pencils, pens . . . I love new school supplies and the boys do too. I was thankful to have Katelyn assisting in our classroom, as well as my Sister Janeie and her girls too. 

We had a few "what are we doing next" moments, but for the most part everything went o.k. The tone of the classroom has been set and the boys know what is expected.

Would you believe this mama/teacher actually knew her eight year old didn't read his chapter in Charlotte's Web?!?! Oh My . . . Gasp! 
Yes my eight year old was found out on the very first day of school and he knows it. Tomorrow, he will read his chapter aloud so I can hear him read . . . (comprehension follows).

My two middle boys didn't fuss with their school work today. I think they may have enjoyed it a teensy bit, but don't tell them I said that.

My oldest is on a whole new learning season . . . Logic class is one that he wasn't sure of and struggled against it immediately. I told him to work through it and we would talk about it afterward. Katelyn tried to help him with it, but he just wasn't "into" it. So, we took the book home. He and I went through the entire first chapter and I demonstrated how fun it could be. He is looking forward to it in the morning. 

As for the remainder of the day . . . we came home rather late and had dinner. After dinner, I lay on the couch to ease my sore muscles and fell asleep for a few hours. After my refreshing nap, Katelyn and I watched a little television and then it was time for me to get my office work done. I did finish what I needed to for the day and I am pretty happy about that.

After my work, I checked in on Facebook, emails and now I am writing this post. It is a little after 2:00 a.m. and I am heading to bed. Busy day tomorrow with Day 2 of the school year.

G'night

No comments:

Copyright Text

Our Lives Uncripted is written by me. All pictures are personal and cannot be copied. No portion of this blog can be copied and/or sold. All content copyright JCP, Ourlives-unscripted.blogspot.com All Rights Reserved!



stat counter