Wednesday, June 11, 2014

Summer Vacation

I've lost track of what day of summer vacation we are on . . . the days seem to be running together for us. Today I even overhead the boys trying to decide which day it actually was. It made me smile.

We have not made a summer bucket list . . . we probably should set some kind of goal of things to accomplish. 

So far this summer we have:

  • slept in 
  • swam in the pool (at least the boys have)
  • gone fishing - several times
  • made ice cream - several times
  • watched a movie or two
I have also had the boys doing a few papers each day to keep up with penmanship, reasoning and a little math. It takes them all of fifteen minutes each day.

We have not:
  • gone to a movie - but I do have planned one for this week
  • had a picnic
  • had water balloon fights games
  • gone on a little day trip
  • gone geo caching
  • played with silly string
  • gone out to eat and actually eat IN a restaurant
  • read a book aloud all the way through
  • cowboy camped (for the boys and daddy)
  • gone to the zoo - not sure the boys are even interested in this one
  • ran around silly while taking pictures
I am sure if we all sat down and discussed a bucket list the boys would have plenty to add!

What are you doing this summer?

3 comments:

Leslie said...

God brought your sweet Katelyn to my mind as I was praying the other morning so I prayed for her thanking God for her artistic gifts and kind spirit. Which made me think that we haven't seen her art in a while. How is she doing? I miss her and all of you. Hugs to everyone!

Leslie said...

God brought your sweet Katelyn to my mind as I was praying the other morning so I prayed for her thanking God for her artistic gifts and kind spirit. Which made me think that we haven't seen her art in a while. How is she doing? I miss her and all of you. Hugs to everyone!

Julie said...

Leslie, Katelyn is doing very well. This past semester she didn't get to use her talent in school. Hopefully, she can get a little drawing time in this summer.

If you have a photo you would like her to draw, please let her know!

Copyright Text

Our Lives Uncripted is written by me. All pictures are personal and cannot be copied. No portion of this blog can be copied and/or sold. All content copyright JCP, Ourlives-unscripted.blogspot.com All Rights Reserved!



stat counter