Tuesday, June 17, 2014

Life has been Spinning . . .

Lately my life has been spinning . . . every ten seconds or so SOMEONE needs me for something, there are changes happening all around me at work and at home and several our sweet furries/feathered friends have died. To say sometimes I am too exhausted mentally and emotionally to even think, is an understatement.

I am thankful, oh so thankful for Christian speakers, writers and encouragers! (I know, encouragers isn't quite a word, just go with it.) Yesterday I began reading a book by Priscilla Shirer called "Life Interrupted: Navigating the Unexpected". I truly believe God placed this book in my hands to "Navigate" my spinning life.

Troubles "Interruptions" in our lives come in all shapes, sizes and degrees. If you are like I am, when trouble/interruptions come our way and change our "nice and tidy lives" "we try to understand why God would be causing or allowing this interruption to happen to us right now, when the only thing it's doing is making us feel frustrated and put out. It's the last thing we want or seem to need. And yet God has let it happen anyway.

Then we wonder, "What will happen next?" We begin to worry and fret . . . 

Priscilla writes: "Knowing what we know about God, we do our best to accept the fact that we wouldn't be having to put up with this stuff right now if He didn't want us to, if He wasn't allowing it to happen for some reason. But that doesn't always make it a whole lot easier to handle."

"I want my life to radiate what happens when God has a person's heart at His full control, when every event or circumstance is simply another avenue to know Him better and show forth His glory."

"This interruption - whatever it is, no matter how big or small - represents your next best chance to see Him take center stage, to show you what He can do when the unexpected only makes you more expectant than ever."

"What if we knew this interrupted life was less about the problem and more about the process? What if we knew this roadblock or aggravation hadn't caught God by surprise even if it's come as a shock to us? What if we knew that the direction He was taking us provided opportunities we'd always dreamed about, even if they didn't look exactly the way we thought they would? What if we knew, by not getting what we want, God was ultimately giving us something better?

"I think we can know -- and live like we know." 

Priscilla's writings couldn't have come at a better time in my life. With everything swirling around me, God knows BEFORE things happen . . .

  • before the changes at work
  • before the deaths of ducklings
  • before the deaths of guinea pigs
  • before the disappointment
  • before the battles
  • before the . . .
Isaiah 64:4
For since the world began, no ear has heard, and no eye has seen a God like you, who works for those who wait for him!



3 comments:

ParkerMama said...

Sounds like a book I should be reading. You are stronger than you think and you will come out of this with greater faith and the ability to be an even greater example to those around you.

xoxo

Unknown said...

You and your family have been through quite a couple weeks, my friend! I'm so glad you found Priscilla's book! I absolutely love her!! I'm doing her Gideon study right now. She's got so much wisdom!

The Whitakers said...

I know what you need! You need a break. You need a double date with the Whitakers!! I'll have Doug call Randy soon! : ) Love you guys, talk to you soon.

Copyright Text

Our Lives Uncripted is written by me. All pictures are personal and cannot be copied. No portion of this blog can be copied and/or sold. All content copyright JCP, Ourlives-unscripted.blogspot.com All Rights Reserved!



stat counter