Wednesday, December 18, 2013

a Secret

I have a little secret . . . well, maybe it is not really a secret at all. Most people that really know me are quite aware of my "secret". 
I tend to be a problem solver and when I cannot "solve" a problem or situation I feel weighted down.

Tonight I was reading Dear Jesus by Sarah Young and it really hit home.

Dear Jesus,
You know how I long to practice Your Presence more consistently. When I keep my focus on You, my whole perspective is brighter, more joyful. When I am preoccupied with problems, I feel weighted down and anxious. Yet the default setting of my mind seems to be problem-solving. My thoughts tend to flow toward finding what is wrong and trying to fix it. I want to break free from this hurtful pattern, but its roots go deep into my being.

Dear Daughter, 
Beloved, come to Me and rest in My sufficiency. Stop trying to fix yourself by focusing on your failures. Remember that the world you inhabit is fallen, and you are part of that brokenness. You can no more practice My Presence perfectly than you can save yourself from your sins. In a fallen world, all your default settings are tainted by sin. Nonetheless, you are being transformed and renewed by My Spirit within you.
Collaborate with Me as I work to set you free from hurtful ways. View each moment as a fresh opportunity to draw near Me. I welcome you with open arms.

Come to Me, all you who are weary and burdened, and I will give you rest. Matthew 11:28

Do not conform any longer to the pattern of this world, but be transformed by the renewing of your mind. Then you will be able to test and approve what God's will is - 
His good, pleasing and perfect will. Romans 12:2

Search me, O God, and know my heart;
Try me and know my anxious thoughts;
and see if there be any hurtful way in me,
and lead me in the everlasting way.
Psalm 139:23-24 

Isn't it just like God to lead you to read something that touches your heart right where you are struggling?!

I cannot always FIX or Problem Solve issues that arise in our lives. There are so many times God simply wants us to wait on Him.

I cannot always FIX or Problem Solve issues that arise in other people's lives, even though I yearn to.

I cannot bare the weight of other people's choices, problems or concerns. However, I can love and pray for them.

Do you struggle with "Fixing and Solving"?  Do you take on the weight of the world at times?

Take a moment to re-read the message above. Sarah Young writes it so well. If you are like me, I need a flashing neon sign in plain view each and every day to remind me . . . Give it to God . . . He is the Almighty Problem Solver. 


1 comment:

ParkerMama said...

I'm not sure I see myself as a fixer. I see myself as always wanting my ducks in a row so I can feel at peace. Thing is, God wants us to understand that everything....everything depends on him regardless of how hard we work to make things perfect for ourselves. Faith in God is imperative. Not just saying or writing the words, but living them.

I was raised with the idea that I needed to always take care of myself because nobody else was going to. I think I may have taken that lesson a bit too far. ahem.

So now I find myself working hard to put all of my trust in God, knowing that he loves me more than I can imagine and His plans for me and my family are only for good .....even when getting to that good might take a lot of faith and work.

Copyright Text

Our Lives Uncripted is written by me. All pictures are personal and cannot be copied. No portion of this blog can be copied and/or sold. All content copyright JCP, Ourlives-unscripted.blogspot.com All Rights Reserved!



stat counter