Tuesday, November 19, 2013

4 Boys Down for the Count

I was so excited this morning . . . it was hair appointment day! What woman isn't excited about hair appointments???

I was just getting ready to get out of bed when one by one little boys came into my room. First, Cody letting me know his nose was stuffy and he had a cough. I could tell just by looking at him he wasn't feeling his best. Before I could say anything, EJ entered and told me his throat was really hurting. Boy #2 down for the count. Into the bathroom I headed to get my day started . . . followed by sickies #3 & 4 with coughs and sore throats. Wouldn't you know it!? 

I headed to the main floor, Katelyn was up and Alice was here. I quickly asked if "Alice" minded the boys staying home this morning with her so I could get my hair done . . . bless her heart, she didn't mind. I gave quick instructions to the boys and headed off to my hair appointment. It was fabulous . . . o.k. it was fabulous until a little fella was to get a hair cut and absolutely wigged out. Loud ear piercing screams filled the salon as poor Mama tried to calm her boy. The stylist tried her hardest to get through the hair cut as quickly as she could. Lil' Beckett was used for a few minutes to distract the little boy . . . I always knew she would be a great therapy dog! After several minutes the little guy calmed down and fabulous resumed.

After I finished at the salon, I headed to McD's to pick up lunch for the boys . . . they were thrilled! Nothing like McDonald's french fries to help make the ickies feel a little better.

I am now home for the afternoon and intend to get the boys to lay down about 3:00 p.m. for a rest. I have only had to threaten naps for "mr. grumpy pants" once and I feel pretty good about that.

I think I might just squeeze in a few minutes to finish reading "God Is Able" by Priscilla Shirer. 

Have a great afternoon!


No comments:

Copyright Text

Our Lives Uncripted is written by me. All pictures are personal and cannot be copied. No portion of this blog can be copied and/or sold. All content copyright JCP, Ourlives-unscripted.blogspot.com All Rights Reserved!



stat counter