Sunday, August 25, 2013

Weekend Recap

It is so hard to believe we have begun the last week of August, 2013. Fall is certainly around the corner and although I love the Fall season, I am not certain I am ready for the season that follows Fall! (don't want to mention the season)

The heat has returned to Central Illinois and we expect the heat index to be above 100 degrees this week. (Not my type of weather!) I am extremely thankful for air conditioning!

We had a pretty good weekend. I love that we can unwind on the weekend, even if there are honey do jobs to tend. This weekend Randy decided we needed to get the boat lift a bit further out in the water. Probably because we almost didn't get the boat off of it on Friday night. Saturday found him digging out the poles that had sunk and silted in around them. It took hours and hours, but he persevered! 

Ryan had minimal homework this weekend, but assures me he has it done.

We enjoyed a bit of fishing . . . although we didn't catch anything. It was nice to sit and chat while casting and reeling.

The Cayuga ducks have made duck friends this past week. They are pretty much on their own now and absolutely love it. If we see them swimming by we will call to them and they will come in to us. One of them also chooses to let out a very loud QUACK which I believe is to let us know that they are coming and are excited to see us. I love that! We do leave food out for them and love watching them come in daily to eat and drink. 

The ducks decided to take a little shortcut through the gardens one evening . . . it was hysterical to see them waddle through.


One was even a little sassy with Cameron.
Of course, Beckett was there to watch the show!

~~~~~

Saturday evening we met this little fella.
He is adorable and I can't wait to snuggle and kiss his little cheeks!


Berkeley is a little more than 24 hours old in this photo.

~~~~~

Last week was Back to School week for the boys.
They had a GREAT first week!

Katelyn will begin classes soon,
I am not sure if she is excited or not!

~~~~~

I have been enjoying a wonderful book by Tony Evans and his daughter Chrystal Evans Hurst called Kingdom Woman.
I highly recommend this book! I am almost half way through it and really enjoy it.




No comments:

Copyright Text

Our Lives Uncripted is written by me. All pictures are personal and cannot be copied. No portion of this blog can be copied and/or sold. All content copyright JCP, Ourlives-unscripted.blogspot.com All Rights Reserved!



stat counter