HAPPY BIRTHDAY to the first man I ever loved . . . MY DAD!
There are so many different words that mean the same . . . Dad:
Dad, Daddy, Pop, Poppa, Pap, Pappy, Pa, Paw
I want to pay tribute to MY Daddy on His Special Day!
1. Loves my Mom
- 2. Loves each of his daughters and daughter-in-law: Julie, Jeanette, Janeie and Jennette
- 3. Loves his son and sons-in-law: Jim and Randy, Bill and Eric
- 4. Loves his Grandchildren: Austin, Katelyn, Gabrielle, Abigail, Kendra, Ryan, Gavin, Cameron, Evan, Calvin, Cody, Nolan, Anna
- 5. Loves his Sophie 6. Is an avid Fisherman!
7. He is always in the lake fishing, but doesn't swim.
8. Dad always has a saying about something! example . . .
(How do ya like THEM road apples?)
9. Dad is always there for his wife and children.
10. He is a handyman.
11. Dad sings Happy Birthday like no other!
12. His nickname is BUZZARD.
13. He always is affectionately called: Crappaw
14. Dad is funny . . . his Grandchildren will tell you!
15. He is allergic to strawberries and chocolate.
16. He always has pink pens in his shirt pocket.
17. He tells "interesting" fish stories.
18. Dad can sleep ANYWHERE!
19. He snores . . . loudly.
20. He may seem hard core, but he is just a softy.
21. He loves Beckett and she loves him.
22. Dad is my right arm at work . . . he also takes phone calls I don't want!
23. He is left handed.
24. Dad does not like tea or lemon.
25. Dad thought all of us kids should name our first son Cedric or our first daughter April.
26. Old Blue was the name of one of Dad's trucks. The color was "Grabber Blue".
27. He once slept through a burglary . . . years ago.
28. Dad taught my my multiplication. (It took a while!)
29. Dad tried to teach me fractions . . . I NEVER got the hang of it.
30. Dad HATES cats. He says, "a good cat is a dead cat".
31. Dad is always fair.
32. He is a great example to his children and grandchildren.
33. His grandchildren adore him!
34. Dad used to hunt with a compound bow.
35. He is protective of his family.
36. Dad is bullheaded . . . he will tell you so.
37. Mom says I am just like my Dad! :-) It makes Dad happy!
38. Dad once restored a Volkswagon Karman Ghia.
39. Dad had a FULL HEAD of hair . . . once.
40. I can't think of anything my Dad is afraid of.
41. Dad likes to wrestle with the Grandkids.
42. Dad usually didn't have to tell us not to do something more than once. We respect him.
43. There is no question as to who my Dad is . . . What you see is exactly who he is.
44. He never has met a stranger! His daughters take after him in this way too. Poor Mom!
45. Dad generally speaks his mind.
46. One of Dad's Grandson's share his middle name of James.
47. Dad is ornery!
48. Dad is a channel surfer!
49. He always wears a ball cap so he doesn't burn his head.
50. Has always been healthy and strong.
51. Once Dad had his back adjusted by a chiropractor that actually put him in traction. He will never see another one.
52. Dad has many stories.
53. Dad actually got my first car running for me. It was a 74 Mustang coupe. It came as a shell and a box of parts. I drove it my entire Senior year of high school. Sweet little car.
54. Dad LOVES sweet potato pie.
55. Dad carries a hankie in his pocket. I love that he always has one!
56. I can talk to my Daddy about ANYTHING!
57. Dad's first words to Katelyn at her birth . . . "Katie, Katie . . . Katie, open your eyes and look at grandpa". It will be engraved in my mind forever . . . pure sweetness.
58. My Dad affectionately calls my brother-in-law a "dough bellied creep".
59. My Dad holds his wife, children and grandchildren close to his heart.
60. He drinks his coffee BLACK
61. He takes his teeth out for his Grand kids . . . he always teases them that they can have his when they lose their teeth.
62. Dad learned to use the computer.
63. Smart phones are NOT his thing!
64. Dad mispronounces names just to be a nuisance.
65. Dad has a side table by his recliner with a lot of his "stuff" on it . . . just like old guys tend to do.
66. As proclaimed by three of his grand daughters, PINK is Grandpa's favorite color!
67. Dad is loved by many . . . except maybe those he has ticked off. lol
68. Dad doesn't like winter.
69. Dad tends to use duct tape and a hammer for those "important quick fixes".
70. When Mom and Dad were first married they rented a house that came with a dog. The dog liked Mom, but Dad . . . not so much. The dog tried to bite Dad on several occasions . . . Mom had to call the dog off.
71. Dad is a Cubs fan.
72. Dad is 72 today!
HAPPY BIRTHDAY DAD!!!
I LOVE YOU MORE THAN I COULD EVER SAY!
HAVE A SUPER DUPER STUPENDOUS BIRTHDAY!