Wednesday, July 24, 2013

School Count Down? Really?

After taking a week off from work to be home with the kids and to accomplish a few things around the house, this week is kicking my hiney! I came home this afternoon absolutely wiped out, so I took a snooze on the couch this evening. My week has been a whirlwind so far . . . I can't imagine what tomorrow will bring. 

Counting down to the weekend! How about you?

Today, I was thinking . . . school begins in less than a month for my kiddos. I am totally NOT ready for the boys to head back to school. (Home School). I want to continue to enjoy the summer months and long days. I am not ready for assignments and spelling lists!

For those of you who know me, you will be questioning the paragraph above. I have always been one who is ready for the kiddos to head back to school! I ALWAYS put the Staples Commercial on my blog . . . you know, the one with the Dad dancing through the aisles and the kids are dragging behind with their heads hung low? I always have looked forward to the end of summer and beginning of school. Can you imagine my shock when I found myself thinking . . . "I don't want them to go back to school yet"? 

We do have their curriculum all ready. Mrs. P is working on getting our little classroom ready. I have a few odds and ends to gather, but overall, we are ready . . . just not to head back to the classroom!

I would rather be with the kids and hang out down at the lake. Enjoy seeing my kids interact with nature and God's little creatures. Now don't get me wrong . . . life is not all fuzzy and calm around here! My boys do their share of fussing with one another, bossing one another around, complaining to me about the tiniest little thing . . . but they are buds . . . and they are becoming more compassionate and I love watching it happen.

The countdown to school begins . . . so we are going to make the best of the time we have left! How about you?


1 comment:

Julie O said...

In Arizona we start school very early. Some districts have already started (they go to school 200 days a year.) In my district, as a teacher, I go back MONDAY... yes, gasp for air, this Monday, like in 2 more wake ups. This is for a voluntary/mandatory 2 day retreat. The the official start for teachers... July 31st. The students come back August 7th. (We have 180 days of instruction). So a late August or even September start is a blessing!!!

Copyright Text

Our Lives Uncripted is written by me. All pictures are personal and cannot be copied. No portion of this blog can be copied and/or sold. All content copyright JCP, Ourlives-unscripted.blogspot.com All Rights Reserved!



stat counter