Friday, March 22, 2013

Continuing to Praise God in this Storm

The past four days have been a devastating journey for our family. As many of you know, Randy and I own our own business for over 16 years now. We supply companies all over the world with various products. Tuesday, our company suffered an explosion at our factory. Our world had literally been rocked to devastation.

Without going into too much detail, Randy and I are in the midst of the hardest test we have ever endured. 

Family, Friends, Business Associates, Clients and Community have covered us in Prayer. We are completely overwhelmed by the compassion, love, prayers and encouragement we have received.

Our journey is far from over . . .
there are many decisions and plans to be made in the 
next days, weeks and months. 

Through this trial, we have witnessed the Hand of God . . .
  • Although three employees and a contractor were injured, they will all recover fully.
  • A large piece of equipment was protected as the roof was torn off of our building . . . a carefully placed concrete TeePee surrounded it.
The past few days have been quite overwhelming.
However, this morning my alarm sounded and then I turned on the radio. The song "Blessings" by Laura Story was playing - click on Blessings to hear the song with lyrics.


We pray for blessings
We pray for peace
Comfort for family, protection while we sleep
We pray for healing, for prosperity
We pray for Your mighty hand to ease our suffering
All the while, You hear each spoken need
Yet love us way too much to give us lesser things

Cause what if Your blessings come through raindrops
What if Your healing comes through tears
What if a thousand sleepless nights 
Are what it takes to know You're near
What if trials of this life are Your mercies in disguise

We pray for wisdom
Your voice to hear
And we cry in anger when we cannot feel You near
We doubt Your goodness, we doubt Your love
As if every promise from Your Word is not enough
All the while, You hear each desperate plea
And long that we'd have faith to believe

Cause what if Your blessings come through raindrops
What if Your healing comes through tears
What if a thousand sleepless nights 
Are what it takes to know You're near
And what if trials of this life are Your mercies in disguise

When friends betray us
When darkness seems to win
We know the pain reminds this heart
That this is not, this is not our home

Cause what if Your blessings come through raindrops
What if Your healing comes through tears
And what if a thousand sleepless nights 
Are what it takes to know You're near
What if my greatest disappointments
Or the aching of this life
Is the revealing of a greater thirst this world can't satisfy
And what if trials of this life
The rain, the storms, the hardest nights
Are Your mercies in disguise


After listening to Blessings . . .
the song "Whom Shall I Fear" by Chris Tomlin began playing.
For the song video, please click Whom Shall I fear.


You hear me when I call
You are my morning song
Though darkness fills the night
It cannot hide the light

Whom shall I fear

You crush the enemy
Underneath my feet
You are my sword and shield
Though troubles linger still

Whom shall I fear

I know who goes before me
I know who stands behind
The God of angel armies
Is always by my side.

The one who reigns forever
He is a friend of mine
The God of angel armies
Is always by my side.

My strength is in Your name
For You alone can save
You will deliver me
Yours is the victory

Whom shall I fear
Whom shall I fear

I know who goes before me
I know who stands behind me
The God of angel armies
Is always by my side.

The one who reigns forever
He is a friend of mine
The God of angel armies
Is always by my side.

And nothing formed against me shall stand
You hold the whole world in Your hands
I'm holding on to Your promises

You are faithful
You are faithful
You are faithful

I know who goes before me
I know who stands behind me
The God of angel armies
Is always by my side

The one who reigns forever
He is a friend of mine
The God of angel armies
Is always by my side

The God of angel armies
is always by my side

Whom shall I Fear played again on my way to the office. God was certainly reassuring me this morning. 
I quickly shared with Randy . . .
we were both extremely moved.

We continue to Praise God in THIS Storm!
Click the link . . .


Praise You In This Storm"

I was sure by now
God You would have reached down
And wiped our tears away
Stepped in and saved the day
But once again, I say "Amen", and it's still raining

As the thunder rolls
I barely hear Your whisper through the rain
"I'm with you"
And as Your mercy falls
I raise my hands and praise the God who gives
And takes away

[Chorus:]
And I'll praise You in this storm
And I will lift my hands
For You are who You are
No matter where I am
And every tear I've cried
You hold in Your hand
You never left my side
And though my heart is torn
I will praise You in this storm

I remember when
I stumbled in the wind
You heard my cry to you
And you raised me up again
My strength is almost gone
How can I carry on
If I can't find You

But as the thunder rolls
I barely hear You whisper through the rain
"I'm with you"
And as Your mercy falls
I raise my hands and praise the God who gives
And takes away

[Chorus]

I lift my eyes unto the hills
Where does my help come from?
My help comes from the Lord
The Maker of Heaven and Earth

2 comments:

ParkerMama said...

Julie, for all that you and your husband do for others, now is the time for others to be there for you. xoxo

Junior said...

your family continues to be in our prayers. These are some of my favorite songs and ones that have gotten us through some difficult times.

Copyright Text

Our Lives Uncripted is written by me. All pictures are personal and cannot be copied. No portion of this blog can be copied and/or sold. All content copyright JCP, Ourlives-unscripted.blogspot.com All Rights Reserved!



stat counter