Friday, January 25, 2013

Kelly's Korner "All About Adoption"

Today Kelly's Korner is hosting "All About Adoption" . . . so, I though I would write a little post to participate.

My husband and I have FIVE kids . . . FOUR of which are boys and each adopted.

We were married in 1982 and wanted children . . . a lot of them! Nine years later I gave birth to our beautiful daughter Katelyn . . . she will be 20 years old next month.

We always figured we would grow our family like most everyone else . . . giving birth as the way to add them. However, God's divine plan was quite different.

We adopted our oldest son as a Newborn. I remember seeing him for the first time . . . INSTANTLY I loved him . . . just as if I had birthed him myself. Ryan's adoption went smoothly and eight months after his birth, his adoption was finalized, a thoroughly BEAUTIFUL adoption.

Almost two years later we received an unexpected telephone call . . . two little boys need a mama and daddy. We met with them one day and took them home the next. I totally expected for that "immediate Mom love" . . . however, this time it was different that Ryan's adoption. My two new additions were withdrawn, didn't know how to react to affection. I wanted to immediately have Mom love, but it took time. I have come to the conclusion that my heart did not have time to prepare for my two newest additions . . . I had time to plan for Katelyn's birth. I had time to plan for Ryan's birth . . . we had "met" birthmom  four months prior to his birth. We had less than 24 hours to plan for our middle two boys. Although not immediate, the mama love came . . . to which I was relieved! It took several years for Cameron and Evan's adoption to finalize, but it was a very tearful day - Happy tears!

We added newborn Cody to our home a year after the middle two boys . . . his adoption was finalized with Cameron and Evan's. We knew of Cody months before he was born. Once again, the Mama love kicked right in. 

I thoroughly believe God designed our family at the beginning of time. He had His own purpose and timing. There were so many times I had grown impatient . . . Randy and I had to wait until God's timing. 

Today our home is filled with a fun loving almost 20 year old daughter and FOUR very loud, rambunctious and handsome boys . . . Ryan age 10, Cameron age 9, Evan James age 8 and Cody age 6.

Many times we are asked . . . 

  • Are all of THOSE yours? I am thrilled to say YES!
  • Don't you KNOW what causes THAT? My answer: YES, God!
  • You are finished adding children to your family, right? My answer: Although my answer at this point is yes, I cannot guarantee what God's plan is. There may or may not be more additions  . . .  ONLY God knows.
  • Aren't you exhausted? There are days that we ARE exhausted, but for the most part . . . not more than normal.
  • Would we do it again? Yes
  • WHY would you take in and adopt another child? My answer, How can we say no? We have enough room in our home and we can support them. God provides!


No comments:

Copyright Text

Our Lives Uncripted is written by me. All pictures are personal and cannot be copied. No portion of this blog can be copied and/or sold. All content copyright JCP, Ourlives-unscripted.blogspot.com All Rights Reserved!



stat counter