I have noticed several people choosing a word for the Year 2013. A word that will actually continue to have the same meaning at the beginning of 2013 as it does at the end of 2013.
My word is "INTENTIONAL".
Intentional: conscious, deliberate, intended, purposeful.
- sharing with other
- praising God for his tender mercies
- being joyful
- sharing God's love
- pray time
- Bible reading
- saying "No" to my children's wants (just because they want it, doesn't mean I should just buy it for them).
- teaching my children to be thankful for the things they have
- not purchasing anything on a whim
- teaching my children the joy of giving to others
- teaching each of my children to be responsible
- teaching my children to live like Jesus (using the book "Raising Boys to be like Jesus"
Life is not always easy . . . I tend to cave into my children's wants . . . I like to shower them in gifts. This "INTENTIONAL" will certainly be a challenge for me. Through prayer and God's help, I will stay strong and make it completely through the year!
I want to be an encourager! I know that isn't a proper word, but that is exactly what I want to be ENCOURAGING to others! So many people out there are hurting and simply need a kind word or smile. Intentional Encouragement!
What about you? What is your word for 2013?