Tuesday, January 1, 2013

FAMILY

Happy New Year everyone! 2012 has FINALLY ended . . . it seemed December went on forever! We are now on Day 1 of 2013 and I have decided I want to list something I want to pray for each day and something I am thankful for each day of 2013.

This morning I am Thankful for: FAMILY
The kind of family that is there when you need them and you are there when they need you. This past week has reminded me how quickly something can go wrong, change your life and the life of a loved one. I love how my family came together when my Dad was hospitalized . . . we were there for one another either in person or a phone call away. I spoke to Dad today . . . he sounds so much better and I am praising God!

Dad was released from the hospital and on his way home when we learned Randy's parents took a bad fall. Jean has been hospitalized since Sunday and her back has some sort of injury although nothing shows on xray. Cat scans have also been done and the diagnosis now is severe arthritis in her back that is bruised.

Randy has been there for his Mom and Dad. He goes up to the hospital and takes his Dad early in the morning, stays a bit and then comes home. He returns early in the evening with his Dad and then his Dad sleeps here. 

Randy and I have come to believe that the fall may have actually been a blessing in disguise. Apparently, Jean has been dealing with dementia and although family has noticed things "off" with her, we didn't realize she is actually having a lot more problems than just being "off". Yesterday was quite a challenge and we are pretty certain things won't get any easier. Today we were all blessed with a good day and to that we are thankful!

Our family dynamics are taking a bit of a detour as we are taking on the role of caring and making decision for Paul and Jean. We truly want them to remain in their home and are in contact with someone to help us with this journey. We are in the process of arranging home health care, physical and occupational in home therapy for Jean. The doctor has asked where we have planned to have her rehabilitation. We are all determined to get her home and the service that has been chosen will help Paul and Jean to be comfortable and remain in their home they love.

This journey will certainly not be easy and we request prayers throughout. Randy and I both know there will be tears, disagreement and challenges. We will take each day, hour, minute at a time and lean on God. Randy and I also ask you to pray for family. It is hard for the grandchildren to see Grandma this way and we ask you to lift up the Grandchildren. Please also remember Randy's sister Dee and her family in prayer. Dee is undergoing chemo treatments and everything that goes with that is not easy. 

Family . . . the people that keep you going . . . the people you stand up for . . .  the people God has chosen to bless you with . . .
Family . . . are there for you . . . always!

We TREASURE and are THANKFUL for your prayers!

A Dear friend sent me this encouraging Bible verse by email:


Let me hear in the morning of your steadfast love,
for in you I trust.
Make me know the way I should go,
for to you I lift up my soul.
Deliver me from my enemies, O LORD!
I have fled to you for refuge.
Teach me to do your will,
for you are my God!
Let your good Spirit lead me
on level ground!

(Psalm 143:8-10 ESV)

1 comment:

Marva said...

Oh my sweet Juju, life is so hard. My prayers, thoughts and love are with you and yours. I wish I could hug you. It is so hard to see your parents age and lose their mental and physcial strengths. Love and hugs to you all!

Copyright Text

Our Lives Uncripted is written by me. All pictures are personal and cannot be copied. No portion of this blog can be copied and/or sold. All content copyright JCP, Ourlives-unscripted.blogspot.com All Rights Reserved!



stat counter