Sunday, December 30, 2012

Prayer Requests . . . Treading the Seas

I am finding it hard to write tonight . . .
struggling to find just the right words.

These past two days have grabbed our hearts and squeezed tightly.
Yesterday morning my Mom took/rode with Dad to the Emergency Room . . . he was short of breath.
The Emergency room checked him out, he had tests, etc. and was kept overnight for observation and a stress test this morning.
I picked Mom up early and we headed up to the hospital . . .
(Mom and I always tend to have "adventures" when we are together!) so I knew we would make a bit of fun during our day.
We arrived quite some time before Dad was finished with his stress testing. We enjoyed coffee and chit chat . . . it has been a while since we have had time to be alone together.
Finally, Dad was returned to his room and then we waited.
Dad's stress test came back normal . . .
BIG relief!
The Doc said the MRI Dad had yesterday revealed he did have some gallstones and a hiatal hernia. With Dad's other symptoms of bloating, burping and feeling icky the Doc decided it was probably the hiatal hernia causing the shortness of breath as well.
Dad is to follow up with his doc within a weeks time.
I dropped Mom and Dad off at home early afternoon . . .
they were wiped out and ready for a bit of rest.

Just before dropping Mom and Dad off at their house, I found out that Randy's Mom and Dad (Paul and Jean) were involved in a fall after church today. Randy's Mom was in bad shape and suffered the brunt of the fall. She was hurting everywhere and couldn't pinpoint any one place. The ER people gave her morphine and eventually she went for xrays. There were no broken bones detected on the xrays, however Randy's Mom could not sit or stand. She is in a LOT of pain. Since the fall, she has also been disoriented and has us concerned with that as well. Tonight, she was admitted and given a room. Tomorrow the docs will assess if she requires an MRI to determine why she is in so much pain. Randy also feels that it is possible she needs transferred to a larger hospital that can assess her injuries in more depth. That has yet to be decided.

Tonight, Randy's Dad is staying here with us . . .
he has trouble getting around and we were afraid he would fall while being alone and no one would know. For now he is all tucked into bed and sleeping soundly.

Life definitely has a way of changing and turning your world upside down, Doesn't it?

I am truly thankful God is right with us as we tread through the billowing seas of life! 

I am so thankful for all of your prayers . . .
they can be felt each step of the way. 

Please continue to pray dear prayer warriors!

I also ask you to pray for Randy's sister Dee . . .
she wants to be beside her mama during this time, however she is undergoing chemo treatments that began this last week. Many of you know how hard chemo is on a body and how mentally drained you become. Dee is a strong person, but it is hard to be strong during the storms!

I do not understand all that is happening right now, but I did hear my husband say . . . God is with us. God knows what he is doing. He will not give you more to handle than you are able. This will makes us all stronger . . . we have to trust Him.

Thank you prayer warriors!


4 comments:

Marva said...

Praying for you all and trusting in the Lord with you. All my love........

Leslie said...

Praying for you all. My favorite verse when life seems to turn upside down and I desperatly need some level ground is Psalm 143:8-10
Let the morning bring me word of your unfailing love for I put my trust in you. Show me the way I should go for to you I lift up my soul. Rescue me from my enemies, O Lord, for I hide myself in you. Teach me to do your will, for you are my God; may your good spirit lead me to level ground.

Much Love to you all!
Leslie

Julie said...

Thank you so much Dear Friends! I hold you each close to my heart! Thank you also for the verse . . . a wonderful reminder and help.

The Whitakers said...

Julie, I am just now reading your post, and am so sorry all of these things are happening in your family right now. We will definitely keep all three in our prayers. Do you need anything?
We love you,
All the Whitakers

Copyright Text

Our Lives Uncripted is written by me. All pictures are personal and cannot be copied. No portion of this blog can be copied and/or sold. All content copyright JCP, Ourlives-unscripted.blogspot.com All Rights Reserved!



stat counter