Wednesday, October 10, 2012

Today

I have read the whooping cough "Pertussis" is beginning to rear its ugly damaging head in epidemic proportions. A few Facebook friends have mentioned Pertussis on their posts . . . and to say the least, it is bothersome to this mama. 

It is not common for me to insist on the Flu vaccine. In fact, in past years the kids have only had it once. However, last winter Katelyn, Cody and Randy all had pneumonia. It was awful. So, I insisted everyone be vaccinated this year. Katelyn, Ryan and I all received our vaccines for the Influenza and the Tdap (Tetanus, Diptheria, Pertussis) as well. The younger three boys are scheduled for their flu shot in a few weeks . . . not sure if they will require the Tdap vaccine as well and will be asking the doc if they should receive a booster since they are all up to date on all vaccines. They may recommend the pneumonia vaccine for Cody . . . we will wait and see. Randy told me he would get his vaccines tomorrow.

Do you and yours get the Influenza vaccine? Will you be getting the Tdap vaccine too?


~~~~~

I officially began my Christmas 2012 shopping today. I seriously wanted to ignore all of my friends that are so very excited about the  holiday season approaching. I wanted to cringe and just say no . . . no it can't be less than 12 weeks away!!! It isn't that I hate the holiday season, I simply don't like all of the craziness that surrounds it.

~~~~~

A few things from Facebook today . . .





No comments:

Copyright Text

Our Lives Uncripted is written by me. All pictures are personal and cannot be copied. No portion of this blog can be copied and/or sold. All content copyright JCP, Ourlives-unscripted.blogspot.com All Rights Reserved!



stat counter