Tuesday, October 9, 2012

Dinner, Porch, Prayer Request

Tonight as I begin this post the smells from our kitchen are almost too yummy to endure! I simply cannot fathom waiting for the yummy goodness that is baking in the oven.

Katelyn has been busy this afternoon . . .
Homemade lasagna and garlic bread.

The house smells like an Italian restaurant!



~~~~~

I love our porch pretties . . .

gourds, pumpkins and a great owl . . .
mix in dried hydrangeas a lantern and a few pillows . . .


 Please ignore the freshly watered plants and runoff.

 I love this sweet little chair  . . .
reminds me of Sunday School when I was little.
I found it on Etsy.

I love this sweet little chair  . . .
reminds me of Sunday School when I was little.
I found it on Etsy.

~~~~~

In closing, I would like to ask for prayer.
A family we have known for years is beside their loved one as he prepares to enter the gates of Heaven.

Please pray for this special family . . . pray for peace, rest and strength. Please also pray for a peaceful passing.

This family is holding onto the promise the Bible shares . . .
to be absent from the body is to be present with the Lord.

The Matthew Henry Commentary says,  2 Corinthians 5:8:
 The believer not only is well assured by faith that there is another and a happy life after this is ended, but he has good hope, through grace, of heaven as a dwelling-place, a resting-place, a hiding-place. In our Father's house there are many mansions, whose Builder and Maker is God. The happiness of the future state is what God has prepared for those that love him: everlasting habitations, not like the earthly tabernacles, the poor cottages of clay, in which our souls now dwell; that are mouldering and decaying, whose foundations are in the dust. The body of flesh is a heavy burden, the calamities of life are a heavy load. But believers groan, being burdened with a body of sin, and because of the many corruptions remaining and raging within them. Death will strip us of the clothing of flesh, and all the comforts of life, as well as end all our troubles here below. But believing souls shall be clothed with garments of praise, with robes of righteousness and glory. The present graces and comforts of the Spirit are earnests of everlasting grace and comfort. And though God is with us here, by his Spirit, and in his ordinances, yet we are not with him as we hope to be. Faith is for this world, and sight is for the other world. It is our duty, and it will be our interest, to walk by faith, till we live by sight. This shows clearly the happiness to be enjoyed by the souls of believers when absent from the body, and where Jesus makes known his glorious presence. We are related to the body and to the Lord; each claims a part in us. But how much more powerfully the Lord pleads for having the soul of the believer closely united with himself! Thou art one of the souls I have loved and chosen; one of those given to me. What is death, as an object of fear, compared with being absent from the Lord!




1 comment:

Sabrina C. said...

We used to never get the flu shot. A couple of years ago I became sick but the doctor did not think I had the flu and did not do the test for it, 3 days later and my daughter has the same symptoms and her peds doctor tested her and she was positive. She got worse and had to be hospitalized (she has asthma). So we all get the flu shot every year now. I don't know about you but it makes mine and my daughters arm ache for days afterwords, but my husband never has an issue with his shot.

Copyright Text

Our Lives Uncripted is written by me. All pictures are personal and cannot be copied. No portion of this blog can be copied and/or sold. All content copyright JCP, Ourlives-unscripted.blogspot.com All Rights Reserved!



stat counter