Monday, October 1, 2012

30 YEARS . . . Always and Forever!

I find it quite hard to believe really . . .
HOW can it be that Randy and I have been married 30 years?

Seems like yesterday . . .
well . . .
maybe not.

(Katelyn thinks my perception of time is a bit skewed.)

O.K. not really, but it certainly doesn't seem like 30 years.

Who would have thought that in July, 1981 a blue dune buggy would pull up in my parents drive way and my future husband would get out and want to talk to me?

My Mom told me he was at the house to see my Dad. I later learned he had specifically came to see me!

We dated until March, 1982 when we became engaged and then married on October 2, 1982.

The hours, days, months and years have quickly passed by.
We have endured much together . . .
love, fun, happiness, good times . . .
and there were hard times and testing too.
We trusted God and each other . . .
we made it through.


Tons and Tons of Memories are stored away in photo books . . .
~ strange to think how things were when we were first married,
our kids would simply shake their heads!

~ stereo systems - not ipods/ipads
~ televisions with only THREE channels, unless you had cable tv
~ VHS tapes
~ of course, you had those 8 track tapes too (I was too young!)
~ computers weren't household items in 1982
~ remember cassette tapes
~ cell phones weren't on the scene - at least in our home
~ microwaves were HUGE
~ no email
~ no Facebook
~ no blogs
~ kids could be kids and not worry about crazy people

Life was certainly different back then.


We prayed for a house full of kids . . .
and God filled our home.


Many look at our lives and think we are crazy . . .
maybe we are . . .
and I wouldn't have it any other way.
Our Lives filled to the brim with activity . . .
life is never quiet!


Thirty years of Marriage tends to do something to you . . .

~ we finish one another's sentences
~ we tend to think alike in a lot of ways
~ we know what the other is thinking
~ we know without a doubt the things we like or don't like
~ we have memorized one another


~ we are best friends
~ we are soul mates
~ we are cuddle bugs
~ we are lovers
~ we are blessed


Newly married we . . .
~ took the boat out on the river every weekend of the summer

30 Years married we . . .
~ putt around on our lake in our boat or on the jetskis . . . always with a kiddo or five by our sides


We were once taken back by challenge . . .
but now . . . not so much.

I love watching you have fun with our children . . .
and snuggling with our furry babies too.

At this time in our lives we are living life to the fullest . . .
at least by our terms.

We have FIVE beautiful children . . .
four of them keep us on our toes!

We are BLESSED beyond measure with an Amazing family . . .
a thriving business ~ built by God.

Wonderful Parents, siblings and relatives that LOVE us.

We LOVE the home we live in . . .
and have no need to travel for relaxation.

We are there for one another . . .
ALWAYS!

Thank You My Dearest Randy . . .
My Heart throb . . .
My Soul Mate . . .
My Pooh Bear . . .

For 30 AMAZING Years Together

Thank You for Being MINE!


I LOVE YOU . . .
ALWAYS AND FOREVER!



1 comment:

The Whitakers said...

Happy Anniversary Guys!!!!!
Love, the Whitakers :)

Copyright Text

Our Lives Uncripted is written by me. All pictures are personal and cannot be copied. No portion of this blog can be copied and/or sold. All content copyright JCP, Ourlives-unscripted.blogspot.com All Rights Reserved!



stat counter