Saturday, June 16, 2012

SUYL . . . Master Bedrooms

Yesterday was Kelly's "Show Us Your Life" or SUYL on Master Bedrooms. I was enjoying a party with my family at my sister's house . . .  so I didn't get my post in.

Here it is:

This is our Master Bedroom . . .
Double doors into the Master Suite

The floor is Japanese Walnut.
The wall color is dark brown on the back wall and beige on the other three walls.




 vases, clocks and trays


Katelyn bought me this for Mother's Day . . .
it plays music.

 a view from the bed


 I absolutely LOVE the steamer trunk at the end of our bed!



a honeycomb vase, pottery barn clock and "GRACE" candlestick
. . . pure delight!

the canvas picture was of an actual orchid plant I owned
. . . the canvas was made through Shutterfly.com

simple beauty

my night table


Randy's night table

photo gallery of our kids

I purchased the quilt and shams on etsy.com


I made the custom wall art above our headboard from photos I took of the kids . . . I designed the canvas and ordered them from Shutterfly.com.


Our Master Bedroom was designed with a sitting room . . .

which includes an a.m. kitchen . . .
microwave, sink, coffee machine, refrig/freezer combo
and plenty of cabinets







 I LOVE window plants.


 a view from the sitting room looking back into the bedroom.
microwave, coffee machine and sink on the left

our master suite also includes a walk out deck

the bedrooms are on the second floor, but three floors up the back including the walk out basement.
(Katelyn had watered and the cushion on the right has water droplets on it.)

house tree and plant enjoying the summer on the deck

Beckett was watching me from the inside.

 We are waiting for a few replacement cushions . . .
changing from the green to brown.
We added the floor rug this year and we LOVE it!

 I LOVE color.


buoy and light house - perfect when you live on a lake

 Looking out into the yard and at the lake.


This "outside" room is so very relaxing for Randy and I . . .
that is when the kids don't join us!

 Looking in from the deck.


my little "motto" for my blog is
UNSCRIPTED


it hangs above our Master bedroom double door . . .
I read it every morning before leaving my bedroom . . .
it describes my life to the "T"!


Thanks for stopping by to visit . . .
I hope you come back soon!



6 comments:

Bekah said...

BEAUTIFUL!!!!!

Betty G said...

Thanks for posting your beautiful home. You have done a fantastic job of decorating and I love your sitting room/kitchen/outdoor patio design. That lake is the perfect backdrop for your viewing pleasure.

By the way, my daughter (by choice) has 11 children now and told God that she would "take however many children He wanted to give her." Her two older ones are married and she now has 2 grandbabies to add to the stack of children. They talked hubby and I in to moving near them to TN - even though we were happy Oklahomans with a new custom home. We have enjoyed almost every minute of this move.

Betty G. in TN

Cathy said...

GORGEOUS!! I wish I had a small kitchen area attached to my bedroom... would have helped SO Many times when the kids were babies... or when they're sick... next house, we'll remember to add that! Thanks for sharing :)

Karrie said...

Suite indeed!!!! Your room is awesome!! And I am swooning over the porch! Awesomeness!!

Natasha said...

I don't know if I like your bedding, your sitting area or your outside porch best! They are all awesome!!!

As you can tell I am a few weeks behind on my blog reading :)

The Whitakers said...

You are an awesome decorator! I love your entire house! :) btw... I miss you guys.
Sarah

Copyright Text

Our Lives Uncripted is written by me. All pictures are personal and cannot be copied. No portion of this blog can be copied and/or sold. All content copyright JCP, Ourlives-unscripted.blogspot.com All Rights Reserved!



stat counter