Friday, June 8, 2012

SUYL Kitchen Tour with Kelly's Korner

Kelly over at Kelly's Korner Blog is hosting a 
SUYL Kitchen Tour edition today . . . 

Four years ago we went through a major remodel and addition to our home. We wanted our home to be functional, beautiful and "BOY PROOF".  It was a challenge . . .
but we accomplished it and LOVE, LOVE, LOVE our kitchen. 

I absolutely love this framed verse between my sink and stove.
I ordered the printed verse on Etsy and had the framing completed by our local Hobby Lobby.
The Scentsy warmer is a lovely addition to this space as it gently lights up the verse in the evening.

 The sunshine was pouring in my kitchen windows . . .
sorry for the glare!
I absolutely love my kitchen . . .
the cabinets are Natural Hickory.
Love my Stove - two ovens, grill, griddle and warming shelf.
The ovens are both normal gas and convection.

 Love my corner sink and adjoining corner ledge.



 a view from our eating area
We also have four drawer dishwashers (two units),
a two drawer veggie and snack refrigerator unit
and a prep sink that is in the right upper corner - 
(hidden in this photo)

Our walk in pantry 
 with additional refrigerator freezer -
five kids (four of which are growing boys) required the extra fridge
 a view of the breakfast bar
(George and friend - the goldfish are in the round bowl)
(Max and John the little froggies are in the rectangular bowl)

microwave and built in coffee machine (which I love by the way!) 
 another view of the breakfast bar/kitchen
 Katelyn drew this picture for me a few years ago

fun for lemonade, tea, etc
(potterybarn)

 a view of the kitchen from the eating area

Beauty in the window of the supporting wall 
that separates the eating area and kitchen 

 Grace, Faith and Trust

 a view from the stove area of the kitchen
you can now see the prep sink and pantry
Our message center - blackboard is on the left and "family rules" is on the right of the walk in pantry.

my desk is on one wall of the eating area
The desk and chairs are quarter sawn oak . . .
they compliment the hickory beautifully!

 I love my little wine cork bulletin board.

 the eating area view - taken from by my desk
The wooden high chair in the right corner belonged to my grandparents and we treasure it.
Mia is sitting in the little patch of sunlight in the left bottom corner . . . yes, she is a REAL dog . . . a Mi-Ki.

 a view from the family room of the eating area and kitchen
Our table, chairs and bench are hickory to match the kitchen.


 above the doors to the deck

 Love this beautiful custom art.

 Our family rules.

a beautiful candle reflects beautifully through these glass "rock"

I hope you enjoyed our kitchen tour . . .
so glad you stopped by for a visit!

Please feel free to visit anytime!
Would love to hear from you!

9 comments:

Cathy said...

Hi :) First off, GORGEOUS kitchen!! I'm now passionately in love with your stove/oven, dining table, desk, and silver clock :) Secondly (is secondly even a word?!?!?), I have 4 girls and then finally a boy :)

It's nice to meet you - and I hope to chat again soon!! (so I can find out where you got your "stuff" and get it all myself!!) Heehehehe!

Cristi Atchley said...

I am dying over your kitchen! Wow! I would love to get my hands on your appliances, specifically your stove and coffee maker! Wowza!

Lovely and welcoming!

Brein said...

Wow! I'm in love with your kitchen. Great job!

Jenny said...

Can I move into your pantry?!?! LOVE!

Vic at Blossom and Snowflakes said...

Hi, just popped over from Kelly's. What a wonderful kitchen - just my style! Really love your corner sink and pantry. We don't generally have pantries like that in the UK. Thanks for sharing:)

Natalie said...

Pictures of the pantry are awesome!!! Looks beautiful...loving the blue honeycomb vase!!

Ashley F said...

I have 3 boys and 1 girl. Your kitchen is fabulous, although I am thinking at some point with my growing boys.. will I need a second fridge and all that stuff too? Haha! It is beautiful and I can imagine you have some great family times. Thanks for the post.

Natasha said...

Is that a Miele coffee machine? My parents have one of those and I LOVE it! They are the best!

The Yarbrough's said...

i LOVE LOVE LOVEEEE your kitchen.

Copyright Text

Our Lives Uncripted is written by me. All pictures are personal and cannot be copied. No portion of this blog can be copied and/or sold. All content copyright JCP, Ourlives-unscripted.blogspot.com All Rights Reserved!



stat counter