Friday, June 1, 2012

Kelly's Korner Home Tour - Our House

SHOW US YOUR LIFE: HOME TOURS HOSTED BY KELLY'S KORNER 


Today, Kelly over at Kelly's Korner Blog is hosting a Home Tour on Fridays . . . today is Living Rooms.

Well, we don't have a "living room" BUT we do have a family room! Our formal living room has been turned into a "Piano" room . . . maybe Kelly will host a Piano room week too!

So . . . here is our Living Room/Family Room that we use each 
and every day . . . 


As you can see, we have chosen to furnish with a huge sectional. With five kiddos, we need as much sitting space as possible and this works VERY well for us!


A view from the foyer.

a view from the sectional

a view from the kitchen/dining room
Emma, our Lhasa Apso is enjoying a nice rest!

The back wall of the family room is a wall of windows.
We love looking out into God's beauty!
We live on a lake.

I love simple little things . . .
a Bible verse in a lovely frame.

another Bible verse on a mini canvas


Our entertainment wall consists of a handmade
"built in" that contains storage shelving.

The corner of the built in has a lovely large cabinet type top . . .
I love combining little "beauties" . . .

This little antique telephone chest has been in our family 
for years! It was willed to me by my Aunt Darlene.
Isn't it gorgeous?
I thought the black n white photo added to its age . . .


This beautiful rocking chair was given to me as a gift from my
Mom before Katelyn was born. It will be handed down to her when she has her own home . . . I have always loved it!


My wall of photos consists of my children.
I installed three ledges to hold my photos, drawings
and canvas. I love the "personal" touch photos add!

I hope you enjoyed visiting our "living room" and will return again soon to see what is up with our family . . . you just never know!



7 comments:

Mom of the Twinkies and Tot! said...

OMG! How did you ever find a sectional that BIG?!?! I love it! And all of the natural light from those huge windows...love! Looks like a very lived in room, which is exactly what we are all about!

Melissa, Multi-Tasking Mama said...

Your sectional is great and I LOVE your floors. We are hoping to tear up the carpet this year and replace with wood.

BerryMorins Bits & Tips said...

Love, love your space!
You're home is beautifully decorated. The mix of colors and textures is wonderful.
You've done an amazing job!
I'm having so much fun visiting SUYL participants. I've been able to get some great decorating ideas and see some lovely living rooms.

Jenny said...

Where did you get your "In Our Home" wall decor? I love it!

Julie said...

Cute room-LOVE it! And how did you get it that clean with five kids?!?!?

Nancy said...

That is the best sectional I have ever seen! I wish I had a clean living room like yours! Very pretty!

Lacy said...

I love the molding around your TV. I need it from mine! Love your space!

Copyright Text

Our Lives Uncripted is written by me. All pictures are personal and cannot be copied. No portion of this blog can be copied and/or sold. All content copyright JCP, Ourlives-unscripted.blogspot.com All Rights Reserved!



stat counter