Wednesday, May 9, 2012

A BUSHEL AND A PECK

A few weeks ago I found a special little gift for my Ryan and I ordered it . . . from a vendor on etsy.com.

It arrived today!


Ryan brought the box in from the porch after the FedEx guy delivered. I immediately knew "it" had arrived.
I told Ryan the box was for him . . .
it was special . . .
He eagerly opened the box and repeated over and over . . .
I really don't know what it is!

He pulled the canvas from the box . . .
he turned it so he could read it . . .
immediately a HUGE smile came across his face!

You see . . . the words on the canvas were sang to him . . . 
from the minute she met our precious baby boy,
Aunt Darlene sang this song to Ryan.
It was their "special" song.
It was precious to them both.

It has been almost nine months since he has heard Aunt Darlene sing those special words . . . however, I truly believe as he read the words on this canvas he heard Aunt Ding Ding singing!

I love you a bushel and a peck
A bushel and a peck and a hug around the neck
A hug around the neck and a barrel and a heap
A barrel and a heap and I'm talkin' in my sleep
About you, about you
'Cause I love you a bushel and a peck
You bet your purdy neck I do



2 comments:

Marva said...

Awh! That is so sweet! I would love to have one of those. Would you care to share the link with me, Juju? My Momma always told me that when I was a little girl! :)

I am glad it is so special to Ryan! What wonderful memories!

Cheerful Homemaker said...

My grandma used to say that to me ALL the time when I was little. Now I say it to my son. :)

Copyright Text

Our Lives Uncripted is written by me. All pictures are personal and cannot be copied. No portion of this blog can be copied and/or sold. All content copyright JCP, Ourlives-unscripted.blogspot.com All Rights Reserved!



stat counter