Thursday, May 3, 2012

Because HE WANTS TO!

I poured myself a cup of coffee, grabbed my iPad and sat down for a bit of quiet on our upstairs deck. The skies were blue and the breezes were blowing . . . I was relaxed.


I opened my iPad and checked my email first . . . immediately my eye caught the name of one of my boys' teachers. I sighed deeply and touched the screen. One of my boys decided to disobey Mom & Dad and then lie to the teacher when questioned about it. 


Let me back up . . .


Earlier this year, we had a situation with our son . . . it was then we decided to set down a few rules our son must abide by while at school. The teacher was in agreement and made a mental note of what our son was allowed and/or not allowed to "do". 


Today, our son decided to try and test the waters a bit. I am sure he thought about the "what ifs" but must have concluded we would never find out. Well, he was wrong.


The teacher wrote me a quick email questioning if we had changed our mind about a particular "thing". Our son had informed the teacher that "Mom said I could". No, we had not and in fact didn't even know anything about "it". The teacher then informed me of our son's actions. I quickly sent an email back with a few questions for our son . . . the teacher informed our son that an email had been sent to Mom and Dad. Our son was not thrilled and immediately had tears. He knew he had not only disobeyed, but lied!


I finished corresponding with the teacher a few more times and then put a call into Daddy. After explaining things to Daddy we hung up and I sat back in my chair. I sighed heavily and wondered . . . will he EVER "get it"? Will he ever learn that he cannot simply do whatever he wants because HE WANTS to?


I clicked off of the emails and onto Facebook. The first thing I saw was this . . . and it stopped me in my tracks!


Love is patient, love is kind. It does not envy, it does not boast, it is not proud. It does not dishonor others, it is not self-seeking, it is not easily angered, it keeps no record of wrongs. Love does not delight in evil, but rejoices with the truth. It always protects, always trusts, always hopes, always perseveres. Love never fails. 
(1 Corinthians 13:4-8a)


Immediately I felt this verse was put there just for me! 


LOVE ALWAYS: HOPES, PERSEVERES, NEVER FAILS!

Thank you God . . . I needed that this morning!



No comments:

Copyright Text

Our Lives Uncripted is written by me. All pictures are personal and cannot be copied. No portion of this blog can be copied and/or sold. All content copyright JCP, Ourlives-unscripted.blogspot.com All Rights Reserved!



stat counter