Friday, April 13, 2012

Beckett's Birthday, Healing

I want to thank everyone for the great comments that have been left on my blog . . . I love hearing from you all!

Today is Beckett's 1st Birthday . . . She began her morning receiving "Happy Birthdays" from everyone, played peek-a-boo with Mama and is now snuggled with me as I write.

The house is quiet as the three youngest boys are off to school. Ryan is slow to move in the morning, guess he is like his Mama! lol

Next week we begin our Achievement testing . . . all week. I am thankful he can take the tests online! Regardless, it will be a l-o-n-g week.

It has been almost eight months since my Beautiful Ding Ding passed away and four months since Uncle Sam passed away. I had been unable to remove their email, address and telephone number from my computer. Yesterday, I finally took that step. Although I continue to miss them both terribly, it was time and I feel as if my heart has healed a little bit. Don't take me wrong, not a day goes by that I don't think about them . . . or "hear"one of their sayings. I am blessed . . . even though they have moved to Heaven, there are times each day when I am reminded of them . . . many times it is simply a memory, but there are times when I can actually "hear" them or something that they said regularly. A few weeks ago, we had taken the kids to dinner. There was a lady there whose skirt was much, much too short and when she bent over, she bared her behind to our family. I am thankful the boys were much to busy eating to notice, however I saw and immediately said, "That lady just took my picture!" Aunt Darlene would always say that when a bare behind flashed her . . . which was usually one of the kids after bathtime. Memories . . . I am thankful for them!

We all watched "War Horse" last night . . . it is an amazing movie. One of the best we have seen in a long time! If you get a chance to see it, you should.

I must finish this post and my coffee so I can jump in the shower, get dressed and then motivate Ryan to get started on his schooling this morning.

Have a great day everyone!

No comments:

Copyright Text

Our Lives Uncripted is written by me. All pictures are personal and cannot be copied. No portion of this blog can be copied and/or sold. All content copyright JCP, Ourlives-unscripted.blogspot.com All Rights Reserved!



stat counter