Thursday, December 8, 2011

A LONG Day, Cleaning, Sickness, Snow

Whew!!! The ole body has had a l-o-n-g day! I decided I would tackle my boys' rooms today . . . So, I put on my HAZMAT suit (hazardous materials jumpsuit) and dug in! Well, I guess I should fess up . . . I didn't quite go that far, but I certainly could have.


We try to teach each of our children responsibility and one responsibility is keeping their bedrooms clean and tidy. I try to let them take care of things, but when the dust bunnies are marching down the stairs IT IS TIME Mamma stepped in. So, that is exactly what I did! I worked on four little boys' bedrooms ~~~ three bedrooms in all as two share a room. I tidied closets, dresser drawers, clothing shelves. I wiped baseboards, closet & entry doors. Book shelves were tidied and purged. Floors were dust mopped and then mopped ~ by this time, my little helpers were home and I put them to work. They really didn't mind ~~~ because, I bribed them with Legos! Hey, a Mom has to do what a Mom has to do! I also was able to get the upstairs hall cleaned.


I have a mountain of laundry now, changing bed linens and finding dirty & clean clothing waded up and shoved in every available hidden space tend to add up. Also, I didn't do laundry yesterday . . .


I finished upstairs with what I had intended to do . . . all that is left upstairs to do . . . the master bedroom, bath and a.m. kitchen/sitting room.


Katelyn and I took care of adding some Christmas tree ornaments to our front yard containers this morning . . . Baby it is COLD out there!


My desk is tidy AND the bills are paid.


I made eggs for my furry babes. I had an egg & spinach omelet. Randy fixed dinner for himself and the boys. Katelyn is at school for the afternoon and evening.


Tomorrow I plan to head in to work and then visit Uncle S. I also plan to have my nails done before picking the boys up from school.


Saturday we plan to search high and low for the PERFECT Christmas tree! I can't wait!!! Yes, the camera lens will be busy!


Randy has had a terrible cold . . . today he headed for the doctor. Terrible virus or pneumonia ~ chest xrays at the hospital. Medicine prescribed . . . xray results in 24 hours. Nice???? NOT!!!


The weather peeps are predicting a bit of snow for us tonight and tomorrow . . . could get up to an inch . . . or not, who knows?


The boys are upstairs and have had their baths . . . it is time for them to head to bed. Quietness will engulf the house soon. It is time for me to get a fire going in the fireplace, grab my ipad, blanket and furry babes . . . a little down time for me. Yippee!









2 comments:

Patrice said...

Hazmat suit...HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!! Having boys, I so know what you mean!! I needed that good laugh this morning!!!

I hope hubby feels better soon!!

faith hope love ღ said...

nice post friend...thank you for sharing...wish i could visit everyone more frecuently but are many..and the hours are different but prayers and blessings on your way..remembering the real reason for the holidays..days of peace love and thinking...loves from our home to yours...maranatha..

Copyright Text

Our Lives Uncripted is written by me. All pictures are personal and cannot be copied. No portion of this blog can be copied and/or sold. All content copyright JCP, Ourlives-unscripted.blogspot.com All Rights Reserved!



stat counter