Saturday, December 17, 2011

The final week before Christmas is upon us . . . it seems that it has been coming for a long time. Much preparation and planning involved to make sure everything is just right. We have chosen to keep it a bit more simple this year and I am certainly glad we have.

Last night was the Christmas program at school for the kids . . . the place was extremely full and extra chairs had to be put out so everyone would have a seat. Randy, Katelyn and I sat in the very last row with my Mom and Dad. We could still see and were able to stand up for a better look if we needed. I took a few photos with my cell phone . . .

 Three of my boys are in this photo . . . Evan James, Cameron and Ryan. Cody was in a different group of photos.

Grandpa, Grandma, Cameron and Ryan. (Katelyn was standing behind talking to a friend.) Randy,
Evan James (EJ) and Cody had already left to go and pick up McD's pies
(a tradition of our after the Christmas program).

Ryan took Grandpa's hat . . . he looks so handsome!!!

The pictures I took of Cody were blurry . . . bummer!

After the program, we headed home. Mom & Dad and our friends Doug, Kristi and the kids came over for coffee and hot chocolate. We were thrilled to have a house full and everyone had a great time! Before we knew it, the hour was late and everyone needed to head home. The kids were all wound up and it took a bit, but everyone finally fell asleep . . . AND they slept in this morning!

Today was pretty much a quiet day. I took care of paperwork and did a little online shopping. Katelyn worked on laundry for me. The boys played and Randy had some things of his own to do. My furry ones stayed pretty close to me today . . . guess they thought I was going to escape on them! lol

Tomorrow we will tidy the house again, finish the laundry, wrap school presents, decorate our clay ornaments and watch some movies. I am looking forward to it.

Tonight the boys are playing the Wii . . . I love to watch them work together to figure out games. They are working on a cooking game right now. They are "trainees" and the program tells them what to do. It is fun for them . . . cute to watch too!

How many of you are "into" Pinterest?
I joined up about a month ago and absolutely love it!
So many great ideas, fun stuff and more!





2 comments:

Jenny @ flutterbyechronicles said...

Sounds like you are kicking off the week right. I love this time of year.

I am thoroughly addicted to pinterest.

Marva said...

I love this time of year! Our boys will be out of school on Thursday. Love pinterest!

Copyright Text

Our Lives Uncripted is written by me. All pictures are personal and cannot be copied. No portion of this blog can be copied and/or sold. All content copyright JCP, Ourlives-unscripted.blogspot.com All Rights Reserved!



stat counter