Thursday, December 22, 2011

Christmas Prep, Homeschooling

What a BUSY day we had today! Our little elves (and their mommy) were all busy getting pre Christmas stuff done. Yesterday we all worked together on the reindeer dust. The boys each had a "duty" . . . add the oatmeal, add some glitter, more oatmeal, more glitter, put the lid on top, add the pretty fabric and string to hold it on.  Everyone had a blast . . . 35 jars done . . . one jar dropped and broke. Tonight the last of the "reindeer dust" was delivered . . . we are thrilled to have it done.

Today we worked around the house to get some things done before Christmas. The kids were pretty good most of the day . . . then it happened. Two of my boys were arguing over a bathroom . . . apparently, they both needed to go to the bathroom, both wanted to use the exact same one ~ so, they argued. I couldn't believe it . . . two boys arguing over one bathroom ~~~ we have FIVE bathrooms in our house. I couldn't believe they were arguing! Sheesh!

Katelyn began her Christmas baking today . . . then we delivered the cookie trays while we were out delivering the reindeer dust. Katelyn made some very pretty cookies and brownies!

Gifts are all wrapped, the Christmas breakfast, lunch/dinner menu is made as well as the shopping list. Not much remains on the TO DO list!!! Praise the Lord!

Randy and I are thankful to finally know exactly what we are to do for our son Ryan. He has been struggling for a while now. Ryan was extremely close to Aunt Darlene and Uncle Sam . . . as well as Kamie our precious Sheltie. We have been keeping our eyes on him and yesterday I finally knew exactly what we needed to do. You see Ryan has been dealing with some kids at school that have bullied, teased and are just plain mean to him. I certainly wouldn't want to deal with it if I were only nine years old. Anyone that knows me, knows that I am VERY pro-active and have no problem talking to whomever I need when something comes up. This time . . . no talk is needed . . . at least in my opinion. My Ryan got into my car yesterday after 1/2 day of school . . . Christmas party day. Ryan was very quiet and I knew something was not right. I asked him what was wrong and he didn't want to tell me . . . I didn't push him. Later I asked my Cameron what had been going on with Ryan at school . . . some of the kids are just mean to him Cameron replied. They make fun of him, call him names and are mean to him. Later I asked Ryan . . . "honey, would you like to be homeschooled?" He didn't answer me, but I could see that he was thinking about it. I told him to "think about it" and we would talk later about it. This morning I sent an email to his school and ordered up his curriculum . . . the same he has been studying. Ryan arrived hom a bit later and I asked him, "Ryan, what would you think if I told you that you are going to be homeschooled for the remainder of 4th grade?" My son looked up at me with a HUGE smile on his face. "Really?" he asked. "Yes" I answered. He gave me a HUGE hug!!! Tonight I have noticed glimpses of my HAPPY Ryan once again. I am thankful . . . and thrilled. I have homeschooled before . . . Katelyn through 5th and 6th grade . . . we can certainly get through 4th grade.

Homeschooling is not for everyone . . . but, there are times when a parent feels their child's pain and sees the desperation. Homeschooling is something I can do for my little boy . . . nothing is too hard or impossible for a Mom.

2 comments:

Elizabeth said...

As another mom that watched her son's spirit fade more and more thanks to bullying and decided to homeschool, I can't express enough how AWESOME it is that you're doing this for him!!! Zack's spirit is back and brighter than ever thanks to homeschooling and I'm so glad you're doing the same for Ryan. You are a rock star mom.

ParkerMama said...

I didn't realize that you homeschooled! Such fun things you are always doing with your kids. Such memories that will be passed on to their kids and their kids, etc.

Thank you so much for all of your support and love.

xoxo

Tammy and Parker
www.prayingforparker.com

Copyright Text

Our Lives Uncripted is written by me. All pictures are personal and cannot be copied. No portion of this blog can be copied and/or sold. All content copyright JCP, Ourlives-unscripted.blogspot.com All Rights Reserved!



stat counter