December 29 . . . wow, it is hard to believe the year 2011 is just a few short days of being "History".
I am not going to ask, "Where did it go?" as 2011 was a very long and hard year for our family.
I could write this post and recap the "hard times", but you have all been through them and we have shared many, many tears. Today is a simple post . . . reviewing the past year . . .
Are you ready?
- Grandma "Ro" turned 90 . . . a big party was thrown for her
- JC "Fat Dog" spent the day with me
- Katelyn rescued "George" a pitbull that found our home
- Extreme winter storm warnings were issued for our area
- Blizzard 2011 . . . 18-20" of snow for Central Illinois
- Katelyn turned 18
- I began 1,000 gifts . . . and finished it before the year end
- Randy had a radical knee replacement - Valentine's Day
- My Ryan was being bullied - the sad thing, it continued through to this school year too
- Katelyn received 1ST in State for her Monochromatic drawing
- Cody turned 5 years old
- March 28, Aunt Ding Ding had her first computer lesson at my house - she rocked it!
- Katelyn was accepted to her college of choice AND received a scholarship for part of the tuition
- Randy became enthralled with a "Green Egg" smoker/grill . . . a Green Egg became part of the family
- Turtles were everywhere . . . they became a favorite creature and we went out on the lake specifically to count them
- April 13, our little Beckett was born
- Sr. picture time . . . Katelyn and I had a blast taking her Senior pictures
- Katelyn's "prom"
- EJ's 7th birthday
- Cameron's 8th birthday
- Katelyn began the "firsts of the lasts"
- Katelyn Graduated
- Katelyn's Graduation open house
- Beckett came home
- Serious storms through our area
- Heavy Duty Heat throughout Central Illinois
- Cowboy night - the kids dressed like cowboys, ate beans on the fire, fished with a string & hook, slept outside with Daddy (in a tent)
- Lethal temperatures in Central Illinois
- My birthday
- Car show - we all enjoyed
- Grandma Ro passed away
- My Daddy turned 70 and there was a big Birthday Sock Hop at my Sister's house
- Aunt Darlene passed away
- JC "fat dog" passed away
- the boys returned to school
- College began for Katelyn
- September 2, the adoption of our three youngest was finalized
- Cody underwent Allergy testing - Peanut Allergy - Severe
- Uncle Frank passed away
- Ryan's 9th birthday
- Randy and I celebrated our 29th Anniversary
- I went on strike . . . Mom style
- We went to the pumpkin farm
- Pneumonia hit Katelyn HARD
- Lego - the toy of preference in our home
- Pneumonia hit Randy
- Uncle Sam passed away
- We began planning an Old Fashioned Christmas
- LOVE radiated from family and friends
- the stomach flu hit
- We made the decision to Home school Ryan
- Katelyn and Grandma took a shopping trip
Have a great day!