Sunday, November 6, 2011

I am ONE TIRED Momma, A Little Discouraged & Prayer requests

Tonight I am just plain tired. You know how you feel when you have given all you have to give? Well, that is where I am tonight . . . I have nothing left ~~~ the day feels like it has gone on forever . . . anyone relate?

As I wrote last week, one of our washer's has a torn door seal and we are STILL waiting for the seal to come in so the repair man can fix it. Having one washer is disastrous in our house . . . do you know how much laundry a family the size of mine has? Not to mention those accidents that tend to happen . . . spills on the table cloth, toothpaste messes the boys try to "wipe" up with "whatever" they can find! Not that they would ever think to actually rinse it or use a wash cloth to wipe it up! Boys! lol

The past several days I have been cooking my heart out for my family . . . only to have at least one of them say . . . I want something else! I would be lying if I said that it didn't bother me. It really does. Yesterday I made Bacon Cheeseburger Mac . . . the house smelled tremendous! (I made myself some chili without beans that I could eat ~ back on the Grace & Strength plan.) So, basically I make two meals when I cook . . . one for me and another for the family. I dished up dinner and put it all on the table . . . only to hear . . . I don't want THIS, I want pizza. I calmly answered, I made Bacon Cheeseburger Mac and that is what we are having for dinner . . . please eat. Of course, the power struggle continued with our youngest but I did not give in. Tonight, once again I made dinner . . . I made my version of a sweet and sour chicken, veges and rice, broccoli and toasted bread with honey and mozzarella. Yes . . . I knocked myself out! For myself I made baked chicken with onions and apple slices. I was feeling pretty certain I had made just the right dinner for everyone . . . we said our prayer and dinner began. I heard some . . . this chicken is AWESOME from three of my boys . . . of course, one of them had to disagree. I DON'T LIKE THIS CHICKEN . . . I DON'T WANT TO EAT THE VEGETABLES! Power struggle yet again. Of course, it didn't help that someone, who shall remain nameless, told him that it was o.k. that he had a few bites and he didn't need to finish. (Insert GRRRRRR here!) I quietly explained to the nameless person that he was not helping the situation at all and that he was not exactly backing Mommy up with our youngest child, but giving the impression that Mommy had no authority in this matter. The impression was given . . . if you have a bite or two, you don't have to eat what Mommy has prepared. Besides the obvious, our youngest ALWAYS wants to fill up on carbs . . . chips, crackers, cereal, etc. I want him to eat veges, proteins, fruits . . . you know, the good stuff. To say the least, I feel a bit discouraged . . . I am sure many Momma's feel that way from time to time.

Katelyn continues to battle the pneumonia. The wheezing is finally just about gone although the coughing continues. She also gets worn out fairly quickly and runs a low grade temp a little here and there. Please continue to pray for Katelyn.

I had a Shutterfly party yesterday . . . only a few people showed up, but we had a good time anyway.
I made a cute little book of Beckett and it was FREE!!!

Take a look . . .


Click here to create your own Shutterfly photo book.

I came across some prayer requests on my friend Kelly's blog . . . so, I am passing them along ~ I copied and pasted from Kelly:

And can I ask you to pray for two quick things? I have tons of prayer requests that people have sent me recently that I need to post and I will after I get back. But I have two I can't get off my mind.

1. There is a family who lives in AR and about 4 years ago they lost a little girl to an illness (I don't know all the details) but about a week ago they found out their 2 year old daughter has a very aggressive brain tumor. I can't stop thinking about them. I can't imagine losing one child but to face even the thought of losing two or going through such an awful ordeal with a second child - it's unimaginable. It's one of those times when I just want to yell "WHY?" and I'm sure they have. Could you just pray for this family? The little girl's name is Stella.

2. One of my dearest friends Rachel has an almost 10 year old nephew, Xander, who was diagnosed with a brain tumor around the age of 3. He has been on a roller coaster ever since and has had many treatments. They just went in for a scan and found out he has new spots. His family has probably the strongest faith of anyone I know but Xander has just held a special place in my heart for the last few years and I just want to ask y'all to pray for him.

Kelly blogs at: http://www.kellyskornerblog.com

Please also pray for Kelly . . . she is heading out on a trip . . . To Ecuador with Compassion International!

Well, that is all I have tonight . . . Be Blessed!



1 comment:

King's Queen said...

I'm sorry =(. May you feel uplifted in love & prayer!

Mama's hard work often goes unnoticed or quickly gets destroyed, but it definitely matters! Don't be so hard on yourself. Your house was absolutely perfect yesterday and beautiful! It discourages me too when I bust my tail and mine gets messed up lol or dinner...
I don't live in your house, but I appreciate you and the laughter and so much more that you bring to the office!!

Thanks for the chillin' Shutterfly party! It was fun to visit. I can't wait to use up my Shutterfly loot! We have really enjoyed the treats! Josh & Noe hadn't ever tried Petit Fours before, but they both thought they were quite wonderful =).

Love & Hugs & Get Well Wishes to Kate too!

Copyright Text

Our Lives Uncripted is written by me. All pictures are personal and cannot be copied. No portion of this blog can be copied and/or sold. All content copyright JCP, Ourlives-unscripted.blogspot.com All Rights Reserved!



stat counter