Tuesday, November 8, 2011

Family

Tonight as I write my boys, Ryan and Cameron are studying for Cameron's Science quiz. I have to smile as I listen to them . . . "What is oceanography? hmmm . . . the study of the Earth?"  Oh my! I really think they have a LOT of studying to do!

Yesterday and today I let my fingers do the "shopping" and completed Christmas buying for my kids . . . all five of them. It feels really good to know I am more than half way done and only have nieces, nephews and parents to buy for . . . I am at a loss of what to buy them, but it WILL come to me.

These past days I have been home with Katelyn and her constant companion . . . pneumonia. I asked her tonight how she was feeling . . . she is feeling better, but still struggling with coughing fits, congestion and being wiped out. Please continue to pray for her.

Cameron made this for his Sister tonight:


This Momma is smiling!

As I have written in earlier posts, I am trying to learn to knit. I have actually knitted 50 rows of ten and they look pretty good. I need to get back to practicing so I can learn more . . . Ryan told me that I needed the How to Knit for Dummies book . . . he was quite surprised when it came in a box today!


Ryan quickly apologized and told me that he was just kidding me! I laughed and told Ryan that I certainly fall into the "Dummies" category and I hope the book will help! I will have to keep you updated with pictures . . . maybe even a laugh or two.

This afternoon my hubby picked up the kids and made dinner so I could take a nap. I have had a sore throat and cough the past several days making me feel a bit wiped out. The nap was wonderful . . . until my little Beckett decided it was TIME for me to wake. (Beckett is our three pound Mi-Ki pup that will be 7 months old on November 13.) Beckett gives me a little kiss on the forehead to wake me and she did . . . when she thought we had napped long enough.


This is a picture of Beckett in her "car seat" in my car.

 This is Beckett with her "smurf".

I am certain everyone has heard the news . . . The Duggars are expecting baby # 20. The announcement is receiving mixed reviews across Facebook and a lot of negative reviews on the news boards. 

Personally, I am of the opinion . . . God has chosen to BLESS them abundantly! That said, I do not want to step on toes, so I am restating . . . I am of the opinion ~ MY opinion.

I have always wanted many children . . . from the time I can remember! God chose for Randy and I to have one biological child and adopt four more. Randy and I have been truly BLESSED . . . no question about that! 

Does God plan to expand our family more? Well, I don't have an answer to that. There have been many, many times I have asked God that myself and as of this writing I have not been given a definitive answer. We have been asked and teased many times about adding more children through adoption . . . because there are MORE children that need families.  

God works in mysterious ways . . . I have no idea what His divine plans are for us in the way of more children. Randy and I are currently praying about our foster/adoption license . . . if God wants us to be open to more children we must continue to retain our license. If however God decides we won't be adopting more children, well we have no need for it. So . . . we ask Him and we wait.

There are so many children across the world that need loving families . . . a Mommy and a Daddy to love and care for them. My heart cannot even begin to imagine what an orphan child feels inside . . . no one to say, "I love you!" or to snuggle you close when you are scared, sick or lonely. There are so many children and simply not enough families saying "Yes, I will adopt"! 

Behold, children are a heritage from the LORD,
    the fruit of the womb a reward.
Like arrows in the hand of a warrior
   are the children of one’s youth.
Blessed is the man
   who fills his quiver with them!
Psalm 127:3-5

Children are special in God's eyes! Jesus LOVED the little children! When I think about the Duggar Family . . . I see the Love of Jesus. The Duggar family has let the media into their home and lives as a testimony. The media and public mock the Duggar Family however . . . Genesis 50:20 says: You intended to harm me, but God intended it for good to accomplish what is now being done, the saving of many lives.  We will never know how many lives the Duggar family has influenced for Christ.

Have you ever thought of fostering a child . . . or maybe even adopting?


1 comment:

Mimi said...

I am not sure what I think about the Duggar's latest pregnancy, but I do wish them well. I watched their mission trip to El Salvador and was hoping for an adoption announcement, but you are right-we will never know how many lives they have influenced or what God's plan is for them. Have a wonderful day, JuJu!

Copyright Text

Our Lives Uncripted is written by me. All pictures are personal and cannot be copied. No portion of this blog can be copied and/or sold. All content copyright JCP, Ourlives-unscripted.blogspot.com All Rights Reserved!



stat counter