Friday, October 7, 2011

MY MOM . . . ME, ON STRIKE

I have always wanted to be a Momma . . . Always, for as long as I can remember.
When I was a little girl, I wanted to be like my Momma.
I wanted to cook and clean . . . take care of babies, just like my Momma.
I still don't know how she did it all back then . . .

Our house was ALWAYS warm and welcoming. There was never a time, as far as I can remember that our home was not presentable if someone were to drop by. Mom was always busy . . . never idle hands.
Our lunches were always packed for us . . . we never had to make our own.
Our clothes were always washed, dried, folded and put away . . . all ready for us to wear.
Dinner was always on the table at dinner time . . . we rarely went out to eat.
The house was always clean and tidy . . .

Mom raised up four children . . . three girls and one boy.
She never missed anything we were involved in . . . baseball, band, field trips, carnivals, parties, youth group functions, church functions, etc.
Mom was always there and we knew it, without a doubt.

Mom always set the example for us . . .
She has always been a Jesus girl . . .
Mornings would find her with her Bible open, coffee beside her at the chair closest to the patio doors ~ spending time in God's Word . . . with Jesus.

Mom had her outside the house functions too.
The woman's Mary Martha at church . . . 
The funeral committee, also at church.

Macrame was a huge hit with Mom . . . she took time to learn it well.
She also dabbled in pottery painting.

Frankly, I don't know how she did it all and still had her sanity in tact!
Being a wife and Momma . . . is the hardest job in the world.

I am truly Blessed to have such a sweet, loving Christian Momma!

~~~   ~~~   ~~~

As I write this morning thoughts fill my head . . .

My Momma had it all together!

I don't remember her EVER telling us . . . 

I AM DONE!

I AM TIRED OF  . . .

  • doing laundry ~ nobody cares, you all just throw it on your bedroom floor after I have spent the day washing, drying and folding
  • cooking ~ only to hear complaints ~~~ I don't WANT to eat this or I would RATHER have . . .
  • cleaning ~~~ only to have children trash it after it is nice and clean
  • refereeing
  • tidying up ~~~ endless 
  • being lied to
  • asking a child to do something, only to find it not done and I must do it myself anyway
  • the endless circle
  • etc, etc, etc
I AM ON STRIKE!

and YES, just in case you are wondering . . .

I did tell my children that last night . . . 

Do I think it is going to work to get their attention?

Well . . . 

maybe with ONE of my children

o.k. maybe that is only WISHFUL thinking!

Yes, I love being a Mom! However, just like every other Mom in this world . . .
I have my days of defeat . . .
those days of "I AM GOING ON STRIKE!"

 I Praise God for each NEW MORNING! 
Each New Beginning!




1 comment:

The Whitakers said...

Ha! Ha! Ha! Ha!!! :) This made my day Julie! :) :) It's great how a little rest (for everybody!) will end a good strike and voila' life is good again! :)

Copyright Text

Our Lives Uncripted is written by me. All pictures are personal and cannot be copied. No portion of this blog can be copied and/or sold. All content copyright JCP, Ourlives-unscripted.blogspot.com All Rights Reserved!



stat counter