Wednesday, October 26, 2011

Knitting, Today and Did You?

I am learning to knit . . . I got some supplies and headed to youtube.com. BINGO!!! I found a teenage girl teaching teenagers how to knit . . . and she is teaching me too!  It took a little bit of trial and error, but I finally got it! I now have seven rows finished and ready for the next part of the video series . . . but that will have to wait until tomorrow . . . tonight I will just rejoice that I AM LEARNING! Woo Hoo . . . ugly sweaters HERE I COME!

Aunt Darlene used to knit . . . I wish I would have asked her to teach me! Now, I am on my own as Ding Ding is in Heaven enjoying its beauty.

I had a lovely day today. I woke, took a shower, got ready, had a cup of coffee and then ran up to Uncle Sam's house to drop something off. Next I dropped my furry ones off at their day of beauty and headed into the office. Plenty to catch up on there, but I really enjoyed my morning.

Uncle Sam dropped by the office and chatted with Dad a little while. Lunch time arrived so Randy and I invited Uncle Sam to lunch at one of the local small diners.  We enjoyed a lovely lunch and conversation.
Back to work after lunch and returned calls . . . one call involved being interviewed for an article in a magazine about family owned business. The magazine wants to feature our business . . . kind of crazy, but fun!

Our Japanese Maple Tree has turned brilliant red. It is BEAUTIFUL! I hope to get a picture of it this weekend.

How did you do today? Did you do something for someone? Did you make s difference in someone's life?  I would love to hear about it.

2 comments:

soraya3 ღ said...

Nice post thanks for sharing..loves from holland...soraya

Patrice said...

I want to learn to knit!!! Since learning to crochet last year, I am dying to take it a step forward and learn to knit!! I'm with you, ugly slippers, sweaters and hats...Here I come!! HA!

Copyright Text

Our Lives Uncripted is written by me. All pictures are personal and cannot be copied. No portion of this blog can be copied and/or sold. All content copyright JCP, Ourlives-unscripted.blogspot.com All Rights Reserved!



stat counter