Anniversaries . . .
October 2 marks the 29th Anniversary for Randy and I.
We were married on a beautiful Fall day.
The leaves were dressed in full magnificence . . .
all reds, oranges and yellows, and they were beginning to fall to the ground.
I wore a beautiful white gown and veil that covered my face . . . a trend many brides don't choose today.
I also chose to wear white ballet slippers . . . comfy.
(plus I wasn't taller than Randy in flats!)
My Man . . . he was sporting all white as well . . . an all white tuxedo.
My colors were yellow and white . . . which was VERY in at the time.
I have thought about it many times since that time . . .
If we were to go back to 1982, I would have chosen to jump outside the box and choose differently . . .
the wedding colors, NOT the man! I am not sure what I would have chosen instead, but I do know that the colors would not have been what was "in" at the time. 'Cause I am an outside the box kinda girl!
So many days have passed since that day . . .
Yep, we are OLD! Well at least Randy is!
In true Unscripted fashion . . . 29 Memories/thoughts
- Babe . . . you make me laugh . . . especially in the middle of the night when you are so unsuspecting and step in doggie diarrhea (poor Kamie, rest in peace). Just hearing your response . . . OH MAAAAAN . . . that is NASTY . . . Poop between my toes! Babe, I am still giggling at your expense, sorry!
- Watching you with our boys . . . teaching or telling them a story from "the old days" That makes me smile.
- Remember the mechanic years? You and I working side by side under a vehicle . . . I even had my own creeper thingy to lay on. No manicures back then!
- Thank you for teaching me what tools are AND how to use them!
- It seems so long ago . . . before kids . . . weekends out on the Illinois river traveling almost to St. Louis. I would pull you behind the boat as you were on the knee board . . . seems so long ago.
- We worked together really well . . . Making our first little house a home.
- You decided to make a big whirlpool hot tub . . . out of a shower insert. I wonder, do you think it would have actually worked had you decided to take it all the way to finished?
- I remember how sweet you looked the first time you saw our baby girl. You grinned ear to ear for days! Our first baby . . . Katelyn Elisabeth.
- I wanted a dog, but you always said no. You wanted a mig welder . . . hmmmmm ~ just in case you don't remember, I got a puppy!
- We have had our share of struggles . . . I thank God above that He saw us through . . . by God's Grace we never gave up on anything . . . marriage, children or business.
- Our Blessings mounted . . . heading west for our baby boy and staying out there SIX weeks. You, Katelyn and I in a one bedroom extended stay hotel. We played a lot of goofy golf, didn't we?
- I can still see you and Katelyn with our newest baby . . . Ryan Matthew . . . first looking through the window of the nursery and then in our own hospital room snuggling and talking to him.
- Knee surgeries . . . too many to count. You always were so determined to be back on your feet quickly.
- Two surprises from Heaven . . . Cameron Michael and Evan James . . . doubling our family overnight. I can still see you with Cameron in the Sears store, his first new pair of shoes . . . he loved them . . . even more than toys.
- You are a great dad! I am thankful you are a dad that is interested in their lives and how they are raised! Thank you for being their Daddy!
- Your brain works like no other . . . you never cease to amaze me!
- I love that you love others . . .
- I love that your heart can be sensitive!
- Our last surprise from Heaven arrived on a cold day in March . . . our youngest little guy is now five and very much a Daddy's boy . . . Cody Alexander
- I love fishing with you (and the boys) although I have to say, there is less chance of injury if the boys aren't fishing with us! Those flying hooks and fish . . . sheesh!
- Apple pies . . . you taught me to make my first apple pie . . . (remember at first I couldn't even make jello?)
- How about the time I made cucumber and onion for you . . . sorry for the straight vinegar!
- Our lives are never predictable . . . and you know what? I like that!
- I love that people can't figure us out! 'Cause we roll like that you know.
- I love that you are growing older gracefully . . . I love your graying hair.
- I love how we challenge each other . . . seeing who can choose the shortest route home . . . and then laugh at the LOSERS!
- Do you remember that we kept our top layer of cake? We saved it in our freezer to have at our FIRST Anniversary. It didn't keep well and was nasty!
- I love that you are a storm watcher! You crack me up!
- I LOVE THAT YOU ARE MINE! I AM SO VERY BLESSED!
Randy, you and I have a beautiful family! I love being your wife and the mother to our children! God truly smiled on our marriage!
I LOVE YOU!