Tuesday, September 20, 2011

NEW NORMAL

This morning I awaken to yet another New NORMAL. Our lives have changed so much these past six weeks . . . explaining to my children the "why" that someone we love has died is one of the hardest things a parent will explain.

I picked the boys up from school yesterday and the picking at one another commenced almost immediately . . . it completely overwhelmed me. I asked them to all be quiet as there was something I needed to tell them. Through tears I quietly told them that our beloved Kamie had died about 10:00 a.m. that morning. My car was quiet for a few seconds and then the sobbing began. "Why?" Was asked again and again. EJ wanted to see her again. Cody just wanted her to be at home with us. Ryan chose not to let anyone see his grief and retreated to work on his bike for the parade at school. Cameron commented that he should have loved on her more. I tried to explain "why" she died . . . she was in so much pain and discomfort . . . she was very sick and she was very tired. I encouraged them to remember Kamie and how she loved them. They giggled when I reminded them how she loved to play catch with them and would bounce a beach ball off of her nose when they threw it to her. They laughed when we talked about her running around the swimming pool barking at them and then falling in as she got too close. Kamie Memories are beautiful . . . well, maybe not all of them . . . about a month ago Kamie had an accident . . . just outside the Master bedroom she had diarrhea. Randy had gotten up in the middle of the night and decided to use the boys' bathroom in the hall instead of the Master Bathroom . . . (which I thought was weird, but beside the point) well, Randy opened the bedroom doors and took one step outside the bedroom when he slid . . . and he kind of yelled . . . "EWE . . . What IS THAT?" Well, bless her heart . . . she left a lil' present . . . and Randy found it. He slid, it was between his toes and it was . . . well, GROSS! I remained in bed, snuggled with Beckett and to say I was giggling . . . is an understatement.  I am sure that in time this will even be a sweet memory for Randy . . . I know it is for me!

These past six weeks have been hard . . . learning a New Normal several times over.

  • August 10, my Grandma passed away
  • August 18, my Ding Ding (Aunt Darlene) passed away very unexpectedly
  • August 23, JC Fat Dog (My Mom's Dog) passed away
  • September 7, my Uncle Frank passed away after a long battle with cancer
  • September 19, our Kamie Girl passed away
We have Blessed Assurance that we will see them again in Heaven when we are called there. For now, we are sad . . . BUT, we are looking forward to our sweet reunion . . . our Heavenly reunion! I have a feeling you are wondering if I think our precious furry ones will be in Heaven with us . . .

My answer is a resounding YES!

According to Randy Alcorn's book HEAVEN, "Scripture says a great deal about animals, portraying them as Earth's second most important inhabitants. God entrusted animals to us, and our relationships with animals are a significant part of our lives. Isaiah 11:6-9 speaks of a coming glorious era on Earth when the Leopard will lie down with the goat, the calf and the lion and the yearling together; and a little child will lead them.  Animals will peacefully inhabit the Earth.

Like humans, animals were formed from the ground. "Now the Lord God had formed out of the ground all the beasts of the field and all the birds of the air" Gen 2:19. When God breathed a spirit into Adam's body, made from the earth, Adam became nephesh, a Living being or soul. Genesis 2:7. Remarkable, the same Hebrew word, nephesh, is used for animals and for people. We are specifically told that not only people, but animals have the breath of life in them (Genesis 1:30; 2:7; 6:17; 7:15, 22). God hand-made animals, linking them both to the earth and humanity.

The words nephesh (living being or soul) and psyche is translated to (soul), often translate "soul" when referring to humans. The fact that the words are often used of animals as well is compelling evidence that they have no-human souls. Although Human and Animals souls are different, we need to recognize they are LIVING BEINGS. Because God has a future plan for both mankind and Earth, it strongly suggests that he has a future plan for animals as well.

Read Randy Alcorn's book for yourself . . . 

3 comments:

heartsfulloflove said...

=( so sad all of you hurt!

Marva said...

Praying for you Julie and your family! Love you!

Julie said...

Thanks Marva and Melissa!

Copyright Text

Our Lives Uncripted is written by me. All pictures are personal and cannot be copied. No portion of this blog can be copied and/or sold. All content copyright JCP, Ourlives-unscripted.blogspot.com All Rights Reserved!



stat counter