Thursday, September 22, 2011

Limiting Prayer?

I am going to start out this post with a question. Here goes:

Have you ever had someone tell your children they could not 
PRAY about something that was on their little heart?
If you have . . . how did you react?
Without going into too much detail . . .
Two of my children were told by a teacher, in a Christian school, they could not pray for their pets during prayer time in this particular classroom.

My thoughts . . . surely this could not be right!
Until I questioned both of my boys that were in that class . . .
much to my amazement ~ they both told me the same thing . . .
this teacher does not believe in praying for pets or animals.
To say I am appalled is an understatement!!! 
WHY in the world???

Why would anyone want to restrict what a child can pray for?
Why would any person, let alone a Christian tell a child they
could not pray about something on their heart?

Is ANYTHING unimportant to God?
We teach our children that God wants them to talk to Him . . . any time, about anything!
Never once in the Bible have I ever read anything to the contrary!
PRAYER . . . What exactly is Prayer?

Prayer is talking to God and Jesus.

God is pleased when his children talk to him!

God listens to each and every prayer!

"You may ask me for anything in my name, and I will do it." John 14:14
You can talk to God about ANYTHING!

Prayer is never inappropriate. Especially when it comes straight from the heart.

How awful it would be to feel that you could not pray about something that was on your heart!

1 Thessalonians 5:17

Pray Without Ceasing

God doesn't limit the topic!

2 comments:

heartsfulloflove said...

On this topic...in A's streaming classroom, they do prayer requests and the kids pray for them. One of them was that one of the children's dogs was going to be having training. That was the only request that day and they prayed for it...
You know how I feel about this. They should be allowed to pray their heart. Animals are after all part of God's creation and if they are that important to Him, they can be prayed for as well.
Love you all!

Mimi said...

My kids were told last year by a teacher at their Christian school that he never believed in praying for pets until his own dog died. They were taught atschool that pets do not go to heaven and do not have souls. However, they were taught by me to use their own brains and hearts. Prayer does not have to be done out loud and nobody can ever restrict prayer.

Copyright Text

Our Lives Uncripted is written by me. All pictures are personal and cannot be copied. No portion of this blog can be copied and/or sold. All content copyright JCP, Ourlives-unscripted.blogspot.com All Rights Reserved!



stat counter