Sunday, May 8, 2011

Mother's Day

I hope everyone had a lovely Mother's Day . . .  the sun is beginning to set and is beautiful. Our American Flag was raised up the pole today and is moving gently in the breeze. I can smell our laundry drying in the dryers . . . love the smell.

Ryan has been swinging high and then jumping from the swing . . .  so far no injuries.

Cody is hanging out in his jammies with Katelyn and I out here on the deck.

Randy, Cameron and EJ are inside finishing dinner.

Our dogs are all three laying on the deck and enjoying the beautiful weather.

This morning I was awakened to the smell of a freshly brewed cup of coffee and an omelet. Two strawberries adorned the plate . . . simple beauty. All was hand delivered by my handsome husband.

Soon my oldest son made his way into my room and onto the bed . . . hugs, snuggles and "Happy Mother's Day Mommy" filled my ears. It wasn't long before one by one my other boys remembered the day and wished me Happy Mother's Day too.

I finally drug myself out of  bed and ventured to the main floor . . . bustling with the busyness of four little boys.  I went to the laundry room . . . it was overflowing with "life" . . .our lives. I started up the laundry and then headed back upstairs to take a shower and dress.

Before long I was seated in my chair on the back deck with my laptop and chillaxin on my special day. I am "QUEEN" for the day . . . at least that is what I am told.

I have to tell you about the gifts I received today . . .
  • a coupon book that was made by my eight year old . . . boy am I going to cash in! Great coupons like: obedience, no running in the house, whatever I want for a week! Woo Wee! I was told that I could use them today, but I informed my little man that on Mother's Day I don't NEED coupons to cash in! On Mother's day, a Momma is supposed to be treated!
  • a purple construction paper and pipe cleaner flower from my five year old
  • a lovely plate that says . . . "I Love You Mona and Daddy!" Hmmmmmm I wonder who Mona is! 
  • beautiful cards
  • a bouquet of flowers
  • earrings from my husband
  • a jet ski ride with Ryan and Mia
  • more relaxing
  • Katelyn worked on laundry for me . . . all day
  • lunch and dinner - special
  • a cup of coffee made by one of my boys . . . I was told it was extra special
  • I was serenaded by my five year old to: Kung Fu fightin' fast as lightnin' ~ hysterical
I hope everyone had an enjoyable Mother's Day too!

Happy Mother's Day everyone!


1 comment:

Jeanette said...

Wow! You had a fun and restful day! Good for you :}

We had lunch at Famous Dave's and spent the afternoon relaxing and making a muscial instrument with Gabby for her physics class. I painted my toes Gabby's toes and nails. Had some ice cream for dessert and am working on paperwork.

I am saving tomorrow as MY day! Knowing that I will have the house to myself is all the presents I need ;}

Copyright Text

Our Lives Uncripted is written by me. All pictures are personal and cannot be copied. No portion of this blog can be copied and/or sold. All content copyright JCP, Ourlives-unscripted.blogspot.com All Rights Reserved!



stat counter