Monday, April 18, 2011

It Has Been a Monday

Monday Morning . . .
does anyone dread them as much as I do?
They are a mixed bag for me . . .
wiped out from the weekend,
too much to accomplish,
usually a go into the office day,
a catch up on those little things day.
Of course, the kids begin a new week of school . . .
which will be coming to a screeching halt in less than six weeks.
I am not sure I am ready for them to be out of school for the summer . . . but then again, it could be nice.

This morning I woke with a horrendous headache . . .
I think it was from all of the smoke from the burning we did this weekend. We got rid of a lot of container debris from the winter decorating . . . woosh . . . it went up quickly when it hit the fire.
I think all in all . . . I had a sinus headache.
Although the headache was bad, the thought of having half of the container clean up done was worth it. I felt as if we had really made progress on spring time!

Cody was home today with a very raspy voice. I kept him home to rest his voice and body. Hopefully, he will be much better by morning. He did well at home today.

This morning I had gone downstairs for coffee and to see the kids off to school. I then returned upstairs to make my bed and tidy up. I was quite irritated when I walked into our eight year old's room. Much of the work I had done on Saturday . . . was undone.
GRRRRRR . . . 
At first I told myself, "I am NOT cleaning THAT up again!"
However . . . I found myself in his room pulling all of the freshly washed clothing from under his bed, tidying his clothing, hanging his shirts and folding his shorts and jeans. I even tidied his pj's drawer. I made the bed, tidied his toys, dust mopped and then damp mopped his floor . . . again.

I am sure many of you are wondering . . .
why didn't you make him take care of it?
Well, I am tired of fussing with him . . . at least for today.

Besides, he is busy . . . 
cleaning bathrooms!

You see, I figure his room must be too hard to keep up.
So, I decided he can scrub the bathrooms instead. I am not so sure he is going to agree that cleaning bathrooms is a BETTER chore.
He just may get the message . . . at least I hope so!

Today was Progress report day. The kids did pretty well, however I now know what they will be working on for the summer.
I was pretty sure I knew what they would be working on . . .
now I am certain.
I have ordered curriculum for the grade they are in now . . . 
they will review what they had learned this past year.

Well, Randy is home and I need to finish up and get down to the main floor. There is still much to be done before 
we can relax tonight.

Have a great night.


2 comments:

TJ said...

I firmly believe scrubbing toilets is the perfect job for boys! Teaches them to aim better.

Marva said...

Hugs Juju!

Copyright Text

Our Lives Uncripted is written by me. All pictures are personal and cannot be copied. No portion of this blog can be copied and/or sold. All content copyright JCP, Ourlives-unscripted.blogspot.com All Rights Reserved!



stat counter