Tuesday, March 1, 2011

The BRIBE

We had a beautiful day on this March 1, 2011

Our day began getting the kids ready for school, giving them breakfast and getting them off to school. After dropping the kids off at school, Randy and I had a "date" for breakfast. I had coffee and water . . . (my choice) and Randy had a Denver Omelet and toast.
We had a lovely time.

After our breakfast I had a quick nail repair and then headed to Walmart for a quick trip. Can you believe that I found a great parking place, got right through Walmart without getting trapped in an aisle AND didn't have to wait in line to check out! I was really on a roll!
I was in and out with a full cart of groceries within 35 minutes.

I then picked Cody up from Preschool and Randy up from the office and we headed home. Cody helped me unload groceries . . . he can be such a good little helper! I put away groceries and began lunch . . .

fish sticks for Cody
polish sausage & sauerkraut for Randy
salad and apple for me

Mom stopped by with JC and we enjoyed coffee together.

It wasn't long before the kids were home from school and I began getting dinner together. We ate early tonight - around 4 p.m.
I made Taco Salad . . .
and
my family loved it.

My taco salad is a lot like the Taco salad my Mom made when I was a kid. Super easy to make and Y.U.M.M.Y.
(I made my family one type of taco meat and myself
 ~ one without salt)

Here is the recipe: (for my family of seven)

3 lbs of 96/4 ground chuck - browned
then add in:
2 packages Taco Seasoning
1 can of diced tomatoes
1 diced onion
2 cans kidney beans
~simmer~

Serve the above Taco meat over a bed of lettuce. 
Add shredded Mexican Cheese and Chili Cheese Frito's

It is quick and yummy (at least that is what my family told me)!

Tonight I REALLY wanted a quiet evening.

I made brownies . . .
and then
I BRIBED my boys.

Everyone get your homework done AND after dinner,
we will watch Mega mind
and enjoy brownies after.

Guess What???

The Bribe Plan WORKED!

We had a quiet evening . . .

It was quite wonderful!



1 comment:

Mary said...

Loved hearing about your day!! Hey, after all you're giving them AND you a nice evening at the same time! ;)<3

Copyright Text

Our Lives Uncripted is written by me. All pictures are personal and cannot be copied. No portion of this blog can be copied and/or sold. All content copyright JCP, Ourlives-unscripted.blogspot.com All Rights Reserved!



stat counter