Monday, February 14, 2011

Valentine's Day Surgery

So, as many of you know my hubs scheduled knee replacement surgery today. The surgery was scheduled for 12:00 noon but they were running about 1/2 hour behind before they took him to the operating room. We were both calm and totally ready to get this over with. 

He got all prepped and is wearing his little hat, booties and gown. He has his i.v. a groin pain blocker, a spinal block and a lot of medicine in his body. The doctor came in a bit ago and told me that he was almost positive that he would be replacing Randy's knee with the lessor invasive knee. Meaning . . . he didn't think he would have to drill out the bones and insert rods to hold the knee. I was told to expect and hour or two surgery and then an hour or two recovery room time.

So now I wait.

The waiting is hard . . .

Satan tries to invade my thoughts  . . .

I received an email from school that one of my kids were sent to the office.

At this moment . . .

I am feeling a bit overwhelmed.

I simply need to lean on The Almighty!

I can't do anything for my boy at school . . .

I can't be with my husband during surgery . . .

I just must wait . . .

Pray . . .

and lean on Jesus.


2 comments:

jennifer said...

Hugs Julie! Saying a prayer for your husband.

Natalie said...

I am praying for you JU JU praying for a quick recovery for Randy and that you can maintain your sanity while he's gone!! You are loved!

Copyright Text

Our Lives Uncripted is written by me. All pictures are personal and cannot be copied. No portion of this blog can be copied and/or sold. All content copyright JCP, Ourlives-unscripted.blogspot.com All Rights Reserved!



stat counter