Thursday, January 20, 2011

WHY THEN?

WHY THEN?

Why do we do it?

We know we shouldn't, but we do it anyway.

Why?

This past week has been a week of ups and downs. Not really anything major, just things that:

aggravate, irritate, bug me, frustrate me

and then

I am in a mood . . .

sometimes just irritated

sometimes I groan

sometimes I get discouraged

sometimes I lose it

Then the question comes back around and smacks me in the face . . .

Why Then?

Why do I let things rule my emotions?

Why do I let life get in my way?

Why do I allow myself to do those things above?

What is wrong with me?


Romans 8:28 (The Message)


 26-28Meanwhile, the moment we get tired in the waiting, God's Spirit is right alongside helping us along. If we don't know how or what to pray, it doesn't matter. He does our praying in and for us, making prayer out of our wordless sighs, our aching groans. He knows us far better than we know ourselves, knows our pregnant condition, and keeps us present before God. That's why we can be so sure that every detail in our lives of love for God is worked into something good.



2 comments:

Jenny said...

I have been battling with this myself and everyday I tell myself I am going to have more patience hoping that eventually it will sink in and I will. Love the verse.

Mimi said...

Yup, unfortunately we realize that this is a problem after we have become grumpy-and it is a daily battle for me as well.

Copyright Text

Our Lives Uncripted is written by me. All pictures are personal and cannot be copied. No portion of this blog can be copied and/or sold. All content copyright JCP, Ourlives-unscripted.blogspot.com All Rights Reserved!



stat counter