I am sitting here . . . at my computer tonight just listening to the music on my blog. I absolutely love music . . . all types.
Well, maybe not EVERY type . . .
Music I Prefer: Christian, Classical , Jazz, Pop, Instrumental, Oldies
Music that drives me crazy: hip hop, R & B, (any and all) metal, reggae, techno
There are times my bloggy readers ask me questions about myself, my kids, being a mom, taking care of a house . . . etc.,
Maybe I can answer a few of those questions so you will know me better . . . Here goes
1. Where did your nickname JuJu come from? I have to giggle about this one. From the time I could remember, my Mom called me JuJu when I was little. After my nieces were born, one by one they began calling me JuJu or Aunt JuJu and it made a comeback and really stuck! I absolutely love it and my license plate on my car is actually, "JuJu".
2. What is your "signature scent"? My niece Melissa actually "coined this phrase" for me. I have my own "special" scent that no one can seem to replicate . . . which is funny to me. When I give a gift or a little something from my family/my home, my "signature scent" always accompanies it. I can only tell you a few of my favorite things that MUST make up my signature scent as a whole.
Laundry = Dreft liquid, Downy (blue or Lavender),
Clorox bleach (as needed)
Perfume = Cashmere Mist by Donna Karan
Cleaning supplies = Shaklee Green products
Candles = Yankee or Scentsy
3. When do you find free time? Actually, I take free time when I can get it. If that means I have to stay up until midnight to get a few minutes to myself, then that is what I do. It is very important to be able to spend time in God's Word and Prayer . . . sometimes the only time I can get it in is late at night when everyone is in bed and distractions are minimal.
4. How do you find time to get everything done? Honestly, I don't, at least not every single day. I am a wife, mom to five, business owner, daughter, sister . . . you get the picture. There is absolutely no way everything gets done every day, but I do the most I can without exhausting myself or my family.
Laundry tends to take a lot time . . . a household of seven makes a lot of laundry. I am blessed with two washers and two dryers and I cannot imagine life without them! Believe me . . . they get a workout! I try to get in at least a few loads (four or so) most days to keep from being buried in dirty clothes. Once clothes are washed and dried, I fold or put them on hangers. All of the boys shirts are on hangers and I hang them on their lockers in the mud room for them to hang in their closets. The kids also are expected to put away their folded clothing.
Vacuuming . . . five kids and three dogs call for a lot of vacuuming. We take turns vacuuming the main floor. Katelyn and I vacuum the upstairs and Katelyn vacuums the basement. The same for dust mopping and mopping. I have Miele canister vacuums that are incredible and a Hoover Hard Floor Mate for mopping the hard surface floors.
Dusting . . . EWE!!! I really dislike dusting. However, we do seem to have those little dust bunnies. We use swiffer dusters to make the job really easy. I also have a lovely lady that comes bi-monthly to clean our main floor.
Business . . . I can work from home via network to our business. I also go into the office several times a week. I am blessed with those options.
5. What hobbies do I enjoy? I like to decorate, read, make one of a kind things for our home and shop.
6. Who are your favorite Bible teachers? This one is super easy for me . . . BETH MOORE, BETH MOORE & BETH MOORE! I also like to listen/read Lysa Terkeurst and Priscilla Shirer.
7. How are you losing weight? I began the Grace and Strength program with Cyndi Benson Ministries four months ago . . . the program is strict, but the results are amazing. I have tried every program imaginable without results. In April/May of 2010 I lost 20lbs through an online program and then got stuck and gave up. The last of August, 2010 I began Grace and Strength . . . and have lost about 53 lbs, which could have been more but, (I had a little detour during December . . . called the Christmas Holidays and amazing foods). I am excited to be back on track and I hope to reach my goal in June, 2011. In total, I ended the year 2010 . . .
73 lbs lighter than I began it. Friends, if I can do it . . . you can! I highly recommend you to check out Cyndi Benson Ministries by clicking HERE.
If you have any questions for me, please feel free to ask them in the comments . . . I will do my best to answer your questions.