Tuesday, January 25, 2011

Chili, Muffins and Organization

Today I was in the mood to do a little baking . . .

Orange Cranberry Chocolate Chip Muffins:


I also broke out the Pressure cooker . . . I LOVE that thing!!!
I raided the deep freeze and found a few packages of meat from our side of beef . . .
I popped the meat in the pressure cooker and let it do its thing.
OOOOO HOOOOO so easy!
While the meat was cooking, I pulled out my ULTRA Huge stock pot and got busy with the 
beans, onions, bell peppers, tomatoes, tomato sauce and spices.
Before long, it was all ready to put together and let simmer.

This is the end result . . .
SOUL food!


Since I cannot have the "beans" in the chili (that I love by the way), I made a small pot of chili MINUS the beans and salt . . . this is my bowl. I know . . . it isn't as impressive BUT  it was good!
(and so was the muffin I had)


This little baby came in the mail today . . .
As you know from reading past posts, I am in an organizing frenzy . . .
Well, maybe frenzy is too strong of a word . . .
I would love for EVERYTHING in my life to be ULTRA organized,
so . . . 

I ordered Organize Now . . . by Jennifer Ford Berry.


You won't believe all of the organizational skills this girl is going to have once I have gone through this lil' ol' book!

For instance . . .

(reading from the contents)

I am going to:

Organize Myself (this should be interesting)

Organize My Papers (I think I have this under control, but may be wrong)

Organize My Things (toys, crafts, photos, purse, vehicle, pet, books)

Organize My High Traffic Areas - WOO HOO, no more counter top clutter!!! (from my kids)

Organize my Personal Spaces (closets, bedrooms, memorabilia, jewelry)

Organize My Storage Areas (home office, linen closet, basement, garage, yard)

Organize Special Events (holidays, trips, parties, school, safety)

Organize My Routines (meals, morning, evening, grocery - or lack of)

Now the only question remains . . . HOW am I going to get my FAMILY to cooperate and share my vision of ORGANIZATION???

2 comments:

Marva said...

I love organizing! I just put this book on my to get list! I am reading The House That Cleans Itself by Mindy Starnes Clark. I will get yours when I finish this one.

The chili looks delish! Is that your famous recipe chili? Are you still on phase 2 of the diet? How is it going? Hope all is well!!!!

Jenny said...

Chili looks good.

Let me know when you figure out how to get the family to organize too.

Copyright Text

Our Lives Uncripted is written by me. All pictures are personal and cannot be copied. No portion of this blog can be copied and/or sold. All content copyright JCP, Ourlives-unscripted.blogspot.com All Rights Reserved!



stat counter