Sunday, November 21, 2010

ANOTHER WEEK ENDS AND A NEW WEEK BEGINS

The sky is dark once again . . . it is only 6:25 p.m. It is only November 21, but I am already longing for summer as it stays light so much longer. Although winter isn't officially here yet, we are already feeling "cabin fever" as the boys really need to get out an run off some of their energy.

Today we were busy taking care of chores throughout the main floor. This past week was a flurry of activity and appointments . . . we got behind on "normal" things around the house. So everyone helped and we were able to accomplish a lot in a short time.



The boys were busy sorting socks and folding white clothes. 



This afternoon the boys sat down to watch The Munsters. I purchased the entire series last week, so there will be plenty of episodes to watch. I watched the Munsters as a kid and I love to watch the expressions of my kids when they watch them.

Old movies and television programs are a favorite of mine . . . last week the kids watched The Ghost and Mr. Chicken starring Don Knotts. They requested to watch it a few times. I love to hear them belly laugh!

Yesterday there was a "miracle" at our house!

Our THIRD stall of the garage was CLEANED OUT!!!

For the FIRST time ever . . . there is a car in that stall!


As you can see, the far wall of the garage was never finished either.



See, I told you it was a "miracle"!

Randy continues to finish the little things around the house that the contractor didn't do. Here are a few of the completions this weekend:

One of the basement doors wasn't installed properly with the LONG screws but
with the short shipping screws.

The third stall automatic garage door opener has never worked as the electricity was never run to it.

I continue to be plagued by nightmares of our contractor's lack of willingness to complete our home fully. I get irritated when I see advertisements that dub him the "BEST CONTRACTOR" in our area.
GRRRRRRRR!!!

This week is far different in comparison to last week as far as my calendar goes! Woo Hoo is all I can say! I can't believe we actually made it through last week! Of course, we are heading into a Holiday Week and then the Christmas activities begin. Praise the Lord for a slower week!

Christmas shopping is almost complete. I only have a few gifts left to purchase . . . then the wrapping begins. Thank heavens, most of the gifts are at the office AWAY from peeking eyes.

So the week begins . . .




1 comment:

Marva said...

I too am almost done with the Christmas shopping! So thankful for that! Glad you got all of the new babies in the garage. I love to get all of those things that "bother" me done and out of the way! So happy for your new "additions"! Congrats to a sweet friend!

Copyright Text

Our Lives Uncripted is written by me. All pictures are personal and cannot be copied. No portion of this blog can be copied and/or sold. All content copyright JCP, Ourlives-unscripted.blogspot.com All Rights Reserved!



stat counter