Sunday, October 17, 2010

THE WEATHER IS GORGEOUS AND WOULD YOU BELIEVE . . .

The weather is gorgeous and would you believe Randy and my boys are all outside swimming in our pool?

In my area of the world, swimming outside in mid October is not something normal! It is 69 degrees as I write.

It is nice that they get to be outside for a while getting 
in probably the last swim of the year.

As they enjoy the pool, I am sitting upstairs in our Master sitting room in a comfy chair with my feet up. I have complete control of the television remote . . . ALL to myself!!! Andy Griffith is on television . . . I love that little series! Barney cracks me up. I also like that era in time . . . everything was much more simple then. Wouldn't it be nice to:
  • not worry about your children outside playing
  • not have all of the electronic irritations
  • have neighbors that love their neighbors
  • join in front porch gatherings
  • home cooking every night of the week
  • children were polite
  • have people care for one another
  • everyone knew everyone
  • have doctors that made house calls
  • not have all of the germs and diseases that we have now
Times were certainly different back then!

That being said, we must live in the now . . . not the past regardless of how envious we may be of quiet evenings on the front porch.

I love the area we live in. We live on a lake in a lovely area of town. Our neighborhood is filling with families with children. When we moved here, we were the only ones with a small child. There were older folks and teenagers, but no small children. Within the past year or so, we have had several families move in and the sounds of children and teens are filling the neighborhood. Of course, our family has grown since we moved in . . . by our additions of four little boys.

Laundry is almost done, the upstairs has been dust mopped and mopped, bathrooms have been cleaned. The main floor is all tidy, floors are clean and one of the 1/2 baths are done . . . one more to take care of tonight. It feels really good to have everything under control throughout the house.

This week shouldn't be too busy . . . hopefully things will be calm throughout the entire week.

Time to figure what to make up for dinner.

Have a great night.

1 comment:

Kama @ sixpackaday.blogspot.com said...

I agree...I wish we could not worry about our children playing outside!

Copyright Text

Our Lives Uncripted is written by me. All pictures are personal and cannot be copied. No portion of this blog can be copied and/or sold. All content copyright JCP, Ourlives-unscripted.blogspot.com All Rights Reserved!



stat counter