Saturday, September 4, 2010

The Hour is Late on a SATURDAY Night

Our Saturday has been full to overflowing. Too many things to do and not enough days off to do it all. We were able to get quite a lot done since we all worked together. I am proud of my kidlins and their willing hearts without grumpies.

This morning we tackled getting the laundry going and it stayed running most of the day. I was down to towels when I last looked. 

Late this afternoon I took a little 10 minute walk on my treadmill. I got my heart rate up a bit and thoroughly enjoyed my "walk" but quit early because I saw the state of the basement. I am sure you can imagine . . . especially with five kids. So, I called everyone down and we got busy . . . the kids have a lot of Rokenbok and we had towers and this and that they had built. It took quite a bit of time, but we accomplished it together.

While we were working on the basement, Daddy installed the screen door to the patio that had never been installed. You heard me correctly, I guess the contractor didn't think the screen door was necessary . . . Crazy moron! (Did I just say that? Yes, I did!)

The weather was lovely today, but was a bit chilly. I had our windows open and loved every minute . . . that was until I had the kids all lay down for a bit to rest. I found a cozy spot on the couch and covered with one of my favorite blankets . . . then it happened . . . I got cold. Now, friends and family will tell you . . . JuJu NEVER gets cold! But I did, I got cold. Cranked the windows almost shut and snoozed a little. It was wonderful!

This evening Randy cooked Filet Mignon on the grill . . . oooo hooo hoooo! Yummy! I sliced mine very thinly and placed it atop a bowl of lettuce with a few grape tomatoes. It was delicious! Katelyn and Randy had their steak with sweet corn and cottage cheese. The boys had hot dogs on the grill and chips/popcorn.

As I write, the kids are having a little snack before bed. Katelyn is watching Marmaduke. I have a cup of coffee and jug of water on my desk for me to finish up before I head to bed as well.

After this post I am going to chill out a bit and read another few chapters of a book by Mary Beth Chapman called . . . Choosing to See: A Journey of Struggle and Hope. I highly recommend it and I took the recommendation from Beth Moore's blog.

Have a great night!

1 comment:

heartsfulloflove said...

Sounds like a very wonderful and FULL day! You all got a lot done! Keep on enjoying the weekend!

Love to all!

Copyright Text

Our Lives Uncripted is written by me. All pictures are personal and cannot be copied. No portion of this blog can be copied and/or sold. All content copyright JCP, Ourlives-unscripted.blogspot.com All Rights Reserved!



stat counter