Thursday, July 1, 2010

YOU ARE NOT GOING TO BELIEVE IT

I can't believe it is Thursday! The sky is sunny today and it is beautiful outside. I think I will take the boys outside for a lunch picnic and a bit of fishing. Sounds like it could be fun .  .  . right????????

Kate is babysitting for my sister today . . . my sister is getting her first pedicure! Hope it goes well for her and she enjoys it!

Last night we all enjoyed a SWIM PARTY for my three nieces in celebration of their birthdays. It was such a lovely evening! Happy Birthday Kendra, Alyson and Jenna!!!

We were almost home last night when I had quite a scare . . . a little boy was pushing his bicycle along side the road coming toward me as I was driving. The area he was walking in was pitch black and I almost didn't see him. It was about 9:30 p.m. My question . . . why was this little guy out all alone so late? I first honked as I wasn't sure what I saw on my side of the road and then realized it was a little boy. I pulled my car to the side of the road and got out of the car. There stood a boy between the age of 9 and 11 with a stringer of fish, another fish in his hand, his fishing pole, tackle box and bicycle. He was having a bit of difficulty getting home.

CAN YOU BELIEVE THIS??? Rescue # 2 in two days! Maybe we should start a rescue service!!!

We asked the boy if he needed help . . . he said yes. I asked him where his Mom was . . .  at home was the answer I received. I was qutie worried for the safety of this boy and offered him a ride. Everyone is taught to NEVER accept a ride from a stranger . . . however my offer was readily accepted. Maybe I appeared very safe as I had my kids in the car with me.

First I loaded the boy and his fish in the car, then the tackle box and fishing pole. Then, the bicycle. Hmmm - full SUV, no space to haul anything in the back . . . what am I going to do with the bicycle? Well, Katelyn was in the passenger seat so I handed her the bicycle - the front wheel being above her lap and the remainder of the bike hanging out the door. I had her hold the bicycle and the door being careful not to scratch anything and closed the door as much as I could without hitting the bicycle. I turned my car around, asked the boy his name and where he lived. His name was Jonathan and he lived several blocks down in a set of apartments that I really never noticed were there. I asked Jonathan if his Mom knew he was out on a busy road so late and he said, "Oh, she don't care . . . I have been out later that this before." Needless to say, I was mortified. He went on to tell us that he has caught a number of fish in the past few days and has them in zip lock bags in the freezer for his family. Bless his little heart.

I turned into the lane that led to the parking lot . . . while doing so, I notice several people coming out of their apartments and several children outside running around or riding their bicycles. My window was down and I heard someone exclaim . . . "I never saw THAT car around her before!" I pulled into the parking lot and got out of the car . . . All eyes were on us. As I got out, a little bitty thing rode up to me on her tricycle and said, "that boy in there looks like MY brother". I asked her if her brother's name was Jonathan. She looked at me with wide eyes and said yes. I then told her that I just happened to find her brother along side the road needing help, so I brought him home.  I opened the car door for Jonathan and helped he and his fish out of the car. I grabbed his fishing pole and tackle box and when I turned around a lady was standing there. I handed the pole and box to the lady . . . I don't know if it was his Mom for sure or not, but she thanked me for bringing him home. I went to the other side of the car and helped Katelyn out with the bicycle. As everyone was standing around and "watching" our every move, I went up to Jonathan and told him "good luck" with fishing, but be extremely careful on that busy street as I almost didn't see him and would hate to hear he had been hit by a car. We told them good bye and got back in the car. We pulled away with all eyes still on us.

I continue to be amazed that a Mom would not be worried about her child being out at 9:30 p.m. knowing that he has to go down a dark and very busy road by himself. God was definitely watching over Jonathan . . . someone else could have "found" him and Jonathan could have ended up with his picture on a milk carton.

No comments:

Copyright Text

Our Lives Uncripted is written by me. All pictures are personal and cannot be copied. No portion of this blog can be copied and/or sold. All content copyright JCP, Ourlives-unscripted.blogspot.com All Rights Reserved!



stat counter