Monday, July 12, 2010

B90 Week 1 Complete

Today begins week 2 of the B90 challenge! Click HERE to go to the B90 website.

I am so excited to be totally up to date on the readings and will read Leviticus 1 - 15 this evening before bed.

I would love to share a few things that has come to my attention during my 1st week of reading . . .

I loved reading Genesis 24 . . . getting a wife for Isaac. There were so many issues that needed to be met. Without a hitch, there was Rebecca! Amazing story!

Twins . . . Esau and Jacob. So much competition between those two brothers.

I also never realized that just as Abraham said that Sara was his sister, Isaac said the same of Rebekah . . . both men were afraid of being put to death because of their women's beauty.

While reading about Jacob's love for Rachel and his patience with Laban's deceit, I wondered . . . how would I have responded to such deceit? Would I have worked for so many years?

The sadness of Rachel dying while giving birth to Benjamin.

Reading the story of Joseph made me cringe . . . how could brothers hate another so much as to sell him? How could they disrespect their father so much to lie to him about Joseph. The pain Jacob must have felt for all of those years.  I loved the way Joseph spoke to his brothers . . . in verse 5 of Genesis 45: "And now do not be distressed or angry with yourselves because you sold me here, for God sent me before you to preserve life.  vs 8: so it was not you who sent me here, but God."

Of course, then there were all of the children that were born . . . all of the begats . . .

Then I got to Exodus and began reading about Moses. Of course, we are all taught from when we are children about Moses in the basket being found by the Pharoah's daughter. The things that stood out to me during this reading was how many times Moses questioned God. It was either excuses or questioning God. I cannot get over all of the . . . . but . . . what if . . .  they will not . . . I can not . . . Moses was in a difficult position and provided many excuses of why he couldn't do what God told him to do.

Pharoah had problems with God . . . in fact, God totally infuriated Pharoah many, many times. Those plagues that Pharoah had to deal with . . . Wow! That crazy guy just didn't get it. The minute that the plague was lifted, Pharoah became stubborn once again and refused to do what he said he would do. Can you imagine the days that Pharoah had? It took DEATH before Pharoah actually let the people go . . . and then he went after them! Crazy Dude!

Exodus 14 - Moses and the people of Israel were crossing the Red Sea and then saw the Egyptians coming near. Of course, the Israelites were getting all upset and worried about the situation and caused all sort of ruckus, but Moses simply told them . . . in vs. 13 &14 of Chapter 14 ~ "Fear not, stand firm, and see the salvation of the Lord, which he will work for you today. For the Egyptians whom you see today, you shall never see again. The Lord will fight for you, and you have only to be silent."

How many times have I been in a situation where I argued with God?

How many times have I gave excuses to God?

How many times have I not trusted in God's perfect timing?

How many times have I lost my temper?

How is my patience?

Do I stay quiet and wait for God?

I can't wait to get started on this week's reading.

No comments:

Copyright Text

Our Lives Uncripted is written by me. All pictures are personal and cannot be copied. No portion of this blog can be copied and/or sold. All content copyright JCP, Ourlives-unscripted.blogspot.com All Rights Reserved!



stat counter