Wednesday, June 2, 2010

Why

Why is it they challenge your answers?

Why do they think "No" means something besides "No"?

Why?

Why do they huff at you when they don't get the answer they want?

Why must they complain?

Why must they be hateful?

Why must they continue to do what they know they shouldn't?

Why don't they listen to me?

Why does my presence seem invisible?

Why don't they learn the first time?

Why do they blame me when things go wrong?

Why do they run to me when all is falling apart?

Why do they expect miracles from me?

Who am I writing about in this post?

I am certain I have thought these questions through in my head and even said some of them a time or two.

I ponder these questions in my head tonight . . .
questions that stem from watching, listening, helping and teaching my children.

I am quite certain, just as I have had these questions run through my head . . .

God has asked the very same questions about me . . .

the "they" could be anyone of us . . .

the "they" could be me & UNLIKE ME, God has the answer.

God's Word tells us . . . “Be still, and know that I am God” (Psalm 46:10).

Steven Curtis Chapman sings a song:

Be Still And Know

Be still and know that He is God

Be still and know that He is holy

Be still, O restless soul of mine

Bow before the Prince of peace

Let the noise and clamor cease
 

Be still and know that He is God

Be still and know that He is faithful

Consider all that He has done

Stand in awe and be amazed

And know that He will never change

Be still

 
Be still, and know that He is God

Be still, and know that He is God

Be still, and know that He is God
 

Be still; Be speechless
 

Be still and know that He is God

Be still and know He is our Father

Come rest your head upon His breast

Listen to the rhythm of His unfailing heart of love

Beating for His little ones

Calling each of us to come

Be still, Be still

1 comment:

Mary said...

So true of us, many times!! Thank the Lord for His patience and grace!!

Copyright Text

Our Lives Uncripted is written by me. All pictures are personal and cannot be copied. No portion of this blog can be copied and/or sold. All content copyright JCP, Ourlives-unscripted.blogspot.com All Rights Reserved!



stat counter